I'm looking to purchase a home and I am looking for a studio city/sherman oaks agent that knows the foreclosure/short sale market in that area

Asked by Homebuyer2010, Sherman Oaks, CA Mon Mar 15, 2010

Answers

8
SERGEY FEDNOV *** 424-777-9377’s answer
SERGEY FEDNOV…, Agent, Beverly Hills, CA
Tue Apr 10, 2012
I'll be happy to help you out!

What kind of a property you looking for?
Whats your budget?

Please feel free to call me 424-777-9377 - i'll be happy to help you out.

Thank you for your time.

Should you have any questions - please feel free to call me Toll Free: 1-855-TRUST-55 (1-855-878-7855) ext. 777.

Sergey Fednov

President - Realtor®
- Trust Sale Realty -

Residential & Commercial Real Estate
_______________________________
Toll Free: 1-855-TRUST-55
Toll Free: 1-855-878-7855
Phone: 424-777-9377
Fax: 310-356-4925 http://www.TrustSale.com http://www.TrustSaleRealty.com
Lic# 01896869
Tommy Lee, , 91502
Tue May 22, 2012
Please give me a call.
Tommy Lee
DRE #01723594 SFC (Short Sale & Foreclosure Certified)
Premier Service® Professional
tommy.lee@dilbeck.com
323-821-2292
говорю порусскии
Ted Zervouda…, Agent, Huntington Beach, CA
Mon May 21, 2012
Did you get the help and the answers that you need?
Linwood Full…, Agent, Burbank, CA
Tue Nov 15, 2011
Congratulations on starting your home search. REOs and shortsales are in the news, and people think that a first time buyer can get deals and steep discounts with REOs and Short sales. More often first time buyers get disappointed and waste time trying to buy short sales. The reason is that there are investors out there that have cash, and swoop in to buy REOs and short sales that don't need to do the inspections that a mortgage lender requires. Investors have ready cash, know what they are lookiing for in a home and how much they are willing to spend and are more sophisticated because they've done this before, and act quickly.

Therefore the best deals are swopped up and in escrow before most buyers even see a house, leaving the problem prone houses leftover for novice buyers. Permit problems, lawsuits, mold, and shoddy workmanship can be the reult for the unwary beginner buyer, and that is why working with an experienced agent (like me) is important. Also its a good idea to look at all sales, including Standard/equity sales, which often have the benefit of having a seller who has taken great care of their home over the years.

About the answer: Linwood Fullam is a Burbank resident working as an Agent at Rodeo Realty, Studio City. He specializes in Burbank, Toluca Lake, Studio City, Sherman Oaks, Encino, Hollywood Hills, Silverlake, and Valley Village areas. He lives in Burbank on the Toluca lake line. He enjoys running in Griffith Park, dining at local restaurants, and working out at Toluca Lake Tennis Club.
Angie Simpson, Agent, Studio City, CA
Wed Nov 2, 2011
Dear Homebuyer2010,

I specialize in Studio City, Sherman Oaks, Toluca Lake, and Valley Village. There is a lot of short sale and foreclosure activity in Sherman Oaks - Studio City has much less.

Please give me a call @ 818-795-5590 or send me an email (address below) because I know the areas. I would welcome the opportunity to talk to you about your goals and how I can help you achieve them.

Angie Simpson
Coldwell Banker
agsimca@earthlink.net
Web Reference:  http://www.angiesimpson.com
Tommy Lee, , 91502
Tue Mar 23, 2010
Homebuyer2010
I hope all goes well in your search. You might want to check out http://www.dilbeck.com and use it for your searching. Once there, click on Residential. Then you can click on the foreclosures section. Or you can clidk on the Advanced button and you can input key words, such as "hardwood floors" or "granite counter" or something like that.

This way, regardless of whatever agent you choose, you can compare for yourself. Sadly there are some agents that will pressure you to make an offer quickly. Look for one that isn't pushy. Ask them if they are ok with showing you homes every week for 3 months before you buy.

If you have any questions, I would be happy to help with them
Tommy Lee
DRE#01723594
323-821-2292
tommy.lee@dilbeck.com
Andrew Jones, Agent, Venice Beach, CA
Thu Mar 18, 2010
Hi Homebuyer,

Looking for forclosures and short sales are both the same and different things, neither of which are clearly understood by most homebuyers.

'Foreclosures' is a general term for any distressed property whether its in default, been approved for a short sale, or has actually been reposessed by the lenders (an REO.) If a home is in 'default,' the owners are behind on the payments and have received reccorded notice from the bank (NOD.) Homes in default may, or may not be for sale. Short sales are homes in default whose owners have received approval from the lenders to sell for less than is owed on the home. REOs are just another home for sale that happens to be owned by a bank or lender and is subject to the acceptance of a corporation rather than an individual.

If you have a specific reason for targeting these types of sales that's great, but don't think that you're necessarily getting a better deal. This is a mistake that many people make. All homes are simply for sale. If a regular owner is willing to sell at the prevailing market rate (and many are,) than this type of sale can be far less problematic and drawn-out than many 'foreclosures.' Home buyers need to focus on the value and features of a property... not the type of sale that it is.

Another issue with foreclosure properties worth mentioning is the illusion of value that they create. Short sale may be selling for less than is owed on them, but that old value was grossly over inflated. REOs are also frequently offered at fire sale prices. This is just to create a flood of interest and informal auction which ends up with the property selling for more tham it might have if offered at a less spectacular (& more reasonable) asking price. The public never sees the final the final sales price and the parade of low asking prices creates a false impression of value.

There was a time that regular sellers were out of step with the tidal wave of foreclosures that were hitting the market, but there's a lot more parity these days. Don't miss out on some of the best deals by trying to get the best deal. Best of Luck.
Richard Schu…, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Mon Mar 15, 2010

Congrats on beginning your home search. Now is a great time to buy a home, especially in those areas. I am very experienced in those areas, especially with foreclosures and short sales. I would love to help find you the perfect home and help you successfully navigate the home buying process. Please contact me directly and I can tell you a bit more about myself and my experience, and talk to you about what you are looking for and how I can help you.

I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Richard Schulman
#1 Buyers Agent Keller Williams Los Angeles Region
(310) 482-0173
schulmanrd@yahoo.com