I'm looking to invest in Buffalo, NY, and I am from Hawaii. Anything I need to know about Buffalo property purchases with intent to rent? Thanks.

Asked by Freedom, Hawaii Wed Jan 11, 2012

Answers

18
Omenicus, Home Buyer, Buffalo, NY
Wed Jan 20, 2016
Aloha,

I grew up in Hawaii, anything I can do to help with information for you and I have a few really great properties here in WNY. Most Properties are in Batavia, which is a centrally located area, sitting in-between Buffalo and Rochester.

We have funds to co-op on some properties we already have bids on.

Let me know how I can help,
Mahalo
Robyn Scott
waynelaboy, , Buffalo, NY
Mon Sep 15, 2014
want to help you. call me @ 716-425-3265. dwayne
wxwmay2007@g…, Home Seller, Buffalo, NY
Fri Feb 22, 2013
I have 6 houses in North in Buffalo, State University Of New York at Buffalo(UB), since I'm age,
73 years old, need sold all my houses. It is a good chance to invest. Most of my tenants are UB
students.If any one interest, please call: (716)834-4415 or (716)848-0181 or e-mail to: wxwmay2007@gmail.com. Thanks!
I am interested to invest in a rented property, please let me know what average rent can be expected from the UB students and how frequent does the property be vacant. Please forward the details of your properties to saif-mohd@live.com. I am abroad now, if possible I can reach you on Whatsapp, please let me have your contact number on Whatsapp.
SAIF
Flag Wed Dec 7, 2016
Tom Ripellino, Agent, New York, NY
Thu Jan 17, 2013
First of all, buyer beware. Many people have been fooled by the cheap prices in Buffalo and the theoretical great cash flows. Knowledge of the local market and good, honest management are essential. You are particularly vulnerable because you are located so far away. I am a native of Buffalo and have been an investor in Buffalo for many years. I run a Real Estate company in NYC. One of our specialties is setting up investors into rental properties in Buffalo. We put the whole thing together, soup to nuts. If you are interested in talking further you can contact me at tomr@metropolisapts.com. The information and advice is free.
Ryan Walley, Agent, Williamsville, NY
Wed Jan 11, 2012
First, you need to know your risk tolerance. Properties can be bought for 20-50k and rent for 400-500 per unit (2 units per property usually). You have higher risk of tenants that do not pay, cause damage or other problems. Paying a bit more (80-150k) will get you better rents (600-900 per unit) and will get you better tenants. Many properties in the lower price ranges need updates and repairs. Our housing stock is very old - one of the oldest in the country - and will need maintenance if you aren't paying at the upper end of the range I gave.

Buying property in Buffalo is a great value, no matter your risk tolerance. Make sure you connect with a good agent that has experience selling investment property. Have a home inspection if this is your first purchase and you are not "handy". Lots of good areas to rent in (near universities, North Buffalo, Elmwood area are the best.)
Web Reference:  http://www.716realty.com
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Wed Jan 11, 2012
Why not consider working with an agent of your own who can provide suitable listings, any necessary information relating to specific properties/towns, etc. You can locate some area agents under the find a pro tab.
Cambel gl, Home Buyer, Buffalo, NY
Thu Aug 11, 2016
I am seeking a private real estate property PARTNER to work together with 2 to 3 properties. I am suggesting beginning with 2 to 3 properties just to start with in getting our feet wet, for a 5 year time. I am not a big time investor nor look for one. I have had investment property in the past and have learn from my mistakes. One of them is that you can not do it alone. So perhaps we can combine our funds and strengths and produce something in time. If this sounds like something you are looking for, please respond by emailing me at: cambellgl@aol.com
Let me know where you saw this information- trulia.com
Cambel gl, Home Buyer, Buffalo, NY
Thu Aug 11, 2016
Cambel gl, Home Buyer, Buffalo, NY
Thu Aug 11, 2016
Danovick, Home Buyer, Buffalo, NY
Tue Dec 29, 2015
Are you still interested in investing in Buffalo as my partner and I are unloading 4 cash flowing properties now?
Davis.nikki86, Home Buyer, Buffalo, NY
Sat Aug 22, 2015
I have several homes for sale in Buffalo, NY area. All homes are Turn key, No repairs needed. Great investment for residual income. Please contact at( 334)440-5001 Or (334)655-3435. Nikki
Thomas Ripel…, , New York, NY
Mon May 18, 2015
Caveat Emptor! There is a lot to know and a lot that can go wrong. You need to have good advice on where to buy and where not to buy. Also, it is essential that you have good, honest management on the ground in Buffalo.

I am a Buffalo native and I have been investing in Buffalo for many years. Contact me if you would like to learn more.

347 257-5121

Tom Ripellino
Tom - Are you seeking out any investment properties at this time for reasonable prices that are cash flowing solid income? I have a few properties that I am looking to sell at this time. Feel free to reach out at Derek@reliablepropertysolution.com. Thanks.
Flag Tue Dec 29, 2015
Patrice Frank, Other Pro, Buffalo, NY
Wed Jan 21, 2015
With the right trusted team your goals at investing can be a wonderful experience.Try not to purchase a property so low that the repair cost catches you by surprise. if you are able purchase a property that is already rent ready so you can start your residual income faster.
Patricefrank@landlordshelper.org
716 898 8978
Buffalo City…, Other Pro, Buffalo, NY
Mon Oct 6, 2014
When you invest in real estate, try to remember that you're not just investing in a building and/or land plot. You're also investing in a neighborhood. Make sure to carefully research the neighborhood surrounding your potential investment property before you decide to purchase. The location of your investment will dictate what caliber of tenant you can attract, or if you can attract a paying tenant at all.

Buffalo is a large city that plays host to dozens of neighborhoods- all of which are unique in their own ways. Some Buffalo neighborhoods have very high crime rates; so high if fact, that Forbes.com rated Buffalo, NY among the "10 Most Dangerous Cities in the United States" in 2012. This despite some other Buffalo neighborhoods having earned prestigious accolades, such as the Elmwood Village neighborhood being named one of the "Top 10 Great Places in America" by the American Planning Association in 2007.

If you are an out-of-town investor buying properties "sight unseen," use Google street view to scout the neighbors and count how many houses have boards in their windows and doorways. This is a good visual indicator of vacancies in a run-down area. It's also a good idea to call the Buffalo Police Department (716-851-4444) and ask them for per capita crime statistics broken down by neighborhood. Ultimately, steady rent income will the lifeblood of your investment and vacancy losses can cripple your venture. If your research reveals little-to-zero tenant demand in a particular area, you won't want to invest in rental property there!
louiesunshin…, Home Buyer, Buffalo, NY
Sun Aug 3, 2014
MY name is Benjamin Castricone, and like yourself i to am from BUFFALO NY! I do CONSTRUCTION and im Very GOOD at What i do! There is nothing that i dont know about a house, what.im looking for is some one to do the buying of the Property's as i redo them! BUFFALO is about to come up in a very BIG WAY and i want to be there as well as be a part of it! so i deeply hope you will get back to me as soon as you can. THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME. YOU may call me at 716-239-3599
Investinbuff…, Home Buyer, Buffalo, NY
Tue Aug 20, 2013
Have you decided to invest?
Have great properties under 50% market value with no agent commissions
Please e-mail investinbuffalony@gmail.com
Khalilah Ree…, Home Owner, Buffalo, NY
Tue Jul 16, 2013
i have a property to sell for $ 28,000 cash ready to rent out Aug 1st 2013 please call me at (716) 247-3489
Michael Bish…, , Buffalo, NY
Wed Jan 11, 2012
in short, the answer is YES, there is alot that you should know - find me online - search for Michael Bishop Real Estate in Google to find my number or email. Send me an email and I'll call you back. Before you listen to any answers here, it's a very good idea to know if you're taking to an expert.