I'm looking to buy a rental property in Colorado Springs and I'm after advice

Asked by Luke, Salt Lake City, UT Tue Mar 24, 2009

I'm interested to know what the area between Palmer Park Boulevard and Palmer Park is like? What would be the best areas in town to look at?

Answers

11
Brian L. A.…, Agent, Colorado Springs, CO
Tue Mar 24, 2009
Hi Luke :o)

I am a local Colorado Springs Residential Investment Specialist and I also just happen to live in the area you are talking about. This area is diverse, but generally 1960's thru early 1980's vintage homes of popular Tri-level, Bi-level an Ranch styles. There is some newer infill in some areas and it is a popular place to live because of its reasonable price points and close proximity to the Powers Corridor/First and Main shopping area.

I am a recognized expert in HUD and VA Owned Properties as well as Bank Owned/REO's. You can find out more and search ALL available listed properties on my website at the following links:
http://www.brianwess.com/BuyingForeclosures/REO
http://www.ColoradoSpringsHomesHere.com/AllListedHomes
http://www.brianwess.com/ClientTestimonials

I can design you a personalized property search website that will send you all the available listed properties for sale that meet your specific criteria and it also allows you to research and organize them at your liesure from your own computer.

Please let me know if I may be of assistance

Best Regards
Brian L. A. Wess
CRS, GRI, ABR, ASR, CSR, e-PRO
Realtor®, Broker Associate
Residential & Investment Specialist
Pat Newell & Associates, Inc - Metro Brokers
Colorado Springs, CO
Direct: 719-528-6672
Web: BrianWess.com
COLORADO REAL ESTATE...DONE RIGHT!â„¢
Michelle, Home Buyer, Frederick, CO
Tue Mar 11, 2014
How about a property in Bailey, CO? We love this house in Bailey, but we are still working on getting our credit rating up. Our lender suggested finding someone to buy the house and we pay rent for a year or two until we can get a mortgage loan.
Herman Susser…, , Colorado Springs, CO
Wed Mar 3, 2010
Not trying to be coy, I assume you don't want to jump in the car with someone you don't know. I assume you don't want to work with someone who wants to get you on the dotted line as quickly as possible. I think your question is well taken but maybe should be directed toward finding an agent rather than a neighborhood or house. Regardless of what you learn here, you will likley find a home in a different location, a different price, and so on. This is the reality of buying on the internet. In other words, if you find an agent you can feel comfortable with, speaks your language, feels like someone you would trust to help you find a home, the other questions will then take care of themselves. If you like the truth, that's it. I'll be happy to apply for the job. Good luck to you. By the way I have Salt Lake references here in Colorado Springs.
Wed Mar 3, 2010
This is a dead thread folks...the question was asked and answered back on March 24 of 2009
Donna Cibula, , Colorado Springs, CO
Tue Mar 2, 2010
I am not allowed to steer you to certain areas.
But I would be glad to ask your criteria and square footage and price?
I can e-mail you properties for you to look at.
You can e-mail me at coloradospringshomes@msn.com
Randy G Morl…, Agent, Colorado Springs, CO
Wed Feb 24, 2010
There is nothing wrong with the area as long as you stay off of the 4 lane roads there which can get pretty congested. Actually it is an awesome time for landlords and rental homes in Colorado Springs. We are a Full service Real Estate company that Buys, Sells and Manages homes for others with a focus on caring for them in such a way that people can not tell from the exterior or interior that they are a rental property and manage 50+ properties here in the Springs to be assets to their neighborhoods.

That being stated, Single family homes are renting quickly and for top dollar. Part of the reason that I attribute that to is that when homes are repossessed, those owners have to move somewhere and all their "stuff" will simply not fit into an apartment. While it is true that their credit is typically shot,.. many of them are making enough money at this point to make their payments.

I would not be stuck however to this one specific area as there are many neighborhoods that lend themselves well to the rental market and are priced in such a way to exploit the future appreciation that I believe we will be seeing.

Let mne know if I can help,.. I would love to provide you with a list of properties that could be possible answers to your dreams.

Randy G Morley
The Home Brokers, Inc.
When Experience Counts
Colorado Springs, Colo

719-599-3888
Web Reference:  http://www.springsnet.net
Harold, Home Seller, Colorado Springs, CO
Mon Jan 18, 2010
Luke,

I have a 4 plex in that area that I want to sell. I too live out of state and purchised the property as an investment.

Your welcome to check it out. & give me a call.
4605 Picturesque Ct. Colorado Springs, CO
Harold@hminvestments.net
719-640-7390
Gilda Baxter…, , Colorado Springs, CO
Tue Aug 11, 2009
Hello Luke;
How exciting to think about investing here in the Colorado Springs area. I'm an investor myself. I actually have an investment home in that area. I have no problems with keeping it rented. It's a great time to be a landlord.
I think it would be a good thing to take a trip here and check out the different areas of town yourself. We all have different thoughts about what we're looking for in investment homes.
You may want to check out InvestorLoft.com You can type in my referral code on the signup page. (GildaBaxter) It will help you with cash flow or cap rate based on your down payment amount and mortgage type.
If you need anything, please feel free to contact me.
Hope this helps,
Web Reference:  http://www.GildaBaxter.com
Mike Washing…, Agent, Colorado Springs, CO
Tue Mar 24, 2009
Hello Luke;

There are many great areas in Colorado Springs that would work well for your investment endeavors. Where you purchase would be best decided by your long and short term investment goals and the amount of money you have to invest. Are you in this investment for the long term or are you wanting to have immediate substantial cash flow. Are you purchasing your investment with cash or do you intend to borrow funds? As you can see there is a lot to consider before deciding where to purchase and the type of property to purchase. Do you want to consider a singe family home, condo, townhouse or multiple income properties such as fourplexes?

I am available to provide an FREE investment consultation based upon the aforementioned factors. Please call my team at 719-265-9203 or visit me on the web at http://www.MikeWashington.com.
Pamela Weath…, Agent, Colorado Springs, CO
Tue Mar 24, 2009
Luke,
I have worked with several investors in the Colorado Springs area and would be happy to send you a detailed report on the areas of Palmer Park. Email me with your information and I will get that report sent to you immediately. I think that you will be find this report to be of great use when you are looking to invest here in Colorado Springs. Looking forward to assisting you with your investments here in Colorado Springs.
Have a good evening. God Bless,
Pamela Weatherford
Keller Williams Hope Realty
719.661.8672
719.749.2738
Liz Bowen, Agent, Colorado Springs, CO
Tue Mar 24, 2009
There are some great locations in Colorado Springs that would be well-suited for rentals. For example, with thousands of military folks coming into Fort Carson, properties in south Colorado Springs, Fountain, Widefield and Security would make great rentals. For the same reason, properties in Cimarron Hills, Constitution Hills, Springs Ranch and Stetson Hills provide quick access to Peterson Air Force Base. Lastly, there are popular school districts that many parents want to live in.

I would love to help you with an investment purchase in Colorado Springs. Please feel free to call me at 719.351.5077 so we can discuss your goals. Or visit my website!