I'm looking to a house in Cranford NJ (Johnson Ave). It's in a flood zone, but I've heard it floods regularly(maybe poor drainage?)

Asked by John Kucsma, Mon Jun 25, 2012

Can anyone verify?

Answers

4
Tanya Papand…, Agent, Pittsboro, NC
Fri Sep 28, 2012
If you are referring to 37 Johnson Ave- the listing does state that the house is in a flood zone. Due to the river that runs through Cranford there are parts of Cranford that are in the flood zone that would require additional flood insurance. Many homes were flooded during Hurricane Irene for many reasons. (close to river, power failure/sump pump failure). If you would like assistance in finding out the exact flooding history of this home I would be happy to help you. I am also a Cranford resident. Feel free to email me tanya@trghome.com. Good luck!
Team Zuhl, Agent, Clark, NJ
Wed Jul 11, 2012
It depends on how you define "regularly." Here is a link to the FEMA site where you can find what you're looking for - https://www.rampp-team.com/nj.htm.
Cranford is a beautiful town, and I'm sure you'll be very happy here! Good luck!
Luis Leiva, Agent, Scotch Plains, NJ
Fri Jul 6, 2012
you might want to check out fema.gov and see if the address falls into a flood zone. Cranford has a river that flows through the town and it flooded during irene but its not a common occurrence. if you need any more questions answered you can email me at luisl@prudalliance.net
Autumn Urling, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Montclair, NJ
Wed Jun 27, 2012
Make sure you double check in addition, to the amount of flood insurance would be. It could be very expensive. Have your agent assist. If you need further assistance please contact me. Or if you
need to get pre approved call First Prestige Mortgage Services, Inc 973-744-8300