I'm looking into buying a Mobile/Manufactured in the future for under 20k. Are they any all age parks that houses for that price range?

Asked by jahmal mckenzie, Newark Airport and Port Newark, Newark, NJ Mon Mar 3, 2014

Answers

3
Kathleen Yar…, Agent, Citrus Heights, CA
Mon Mar 3, 2014
Hello
Great question! I have sold many manufactured homes! All the information so far is correct. When might you be moving here? If you would like I would be happy to set you up with our home finder service which will send the listings directly to your computer once I have all of the necessary info. Feel free to contact me...kyarbrough@golyon.com
Teri Andrews…, Agent, Auburn, CA
Mon Mar 3, 2014
Yes there are all age parks with homes in that price range. Depending on the area you want to be space rents and requirements can vary widely. For a start there is a smaller park in Loomis that is nice & one in Foresthill & Auburn (east of Sacramento) if you want a more rural setting. An agent can set up a search for you that will email you active listings as they come on the market. With mobile home sales they can also be listed by a mobile home dealer, so won't show up on the standard multiple listing services.

Most parks require that your monthly income be at least 3x the space rent. Talk to the manager of each park before you make an offer/buy.
Cheryl Rouse, Agent, Sacramento, CA
Mon Mar 3, 2014
Yes, there are mobile home parts that allow "all ages". And, currently, there are units available in your specified price range. You don't say how far into the future; keep in mind that inventory and prices are constantly changing. In addition, there are other factors to consider when purchasing in a park, such as there are additional costs for the rent space and utililities. One more thing to be aware - the park will have their own approval process. So, you could be approved for the financing of the unit, the seller can accept your offer; but, the park can decide whether or not you can live there. I don't specialize in moible/manufactured home sales; but, you would want an agent who does. I can always refer someone that does, however.