There are quite a few things you need to look at:
1. How long they have been in business?
2. What kind of Credentials they have i.e. Degrees in Real Estate (certifications - especially Buyer Certification like ABR, GRI and more...)
3. Are they Tech Savvy because the way the handle contracts is very important because timing is everything.
4. What company are they affiliated with?
5. What kind of work ethics they follow?
6. Check their testimonials and refrences. They should be able to give you atleast 5-10 readily and you should be able to call them. Make sure these are references from their recent closings meaning from the last 3-6 months where they have represented buyers.
7. How many buyer representation and closings they have done in the past 3,6,12 months?
8. What kind of training programs have they attended in the past 12 months and what kind of training they follow on a weekly basis as things are constantly changing.
9. Are they full time in the business? Do they have any other affiliation with any other business or jobs that they are involved with?
10. Ask their reference from California Association of Realtors to make sure they do not have any violations on their license.
11. Are they licensed and for how long? What is their license no.?
12. Check their website.
13. You need to sit down with 1-3 agents that you think are in the runnings just like the job interview and see where you feel comfortable. Ask these questions and there are some more that I will give you once you sit with me as they are my trade secrets. There is no obligation if you decide to go with someone else after our meeting. That is part of doing business.
14. I got this buyer yesterday who posted and then I called him on a Sunday and showed him property until 8 pm. I will give you his reference as well. If you can please call me with your phone no. or email me directly on my email, I will give you all the references.
I would love to help you. Please call me. I really want your business and I promise to take utmost care of you and will work at your schedule. I also train new agents in the business. At the end of the day, I have the highest degree in Real Estate i.e. GRI.
Bottom line, this is your largest investment of life and you should pick the best educated, experienced agent and I have the credentials and I would love to serve you.
UTPAL 'Paul' PARIKH, Certified ABR,CSP,e-PRO,GRI,SRES,REALTOR
V.P - Membership WCR, SouthWest Riverside County Chapter.
Keller Williams Realty- 27290 Madison Ave, Ste 200, Temecula, CA 92590
Web Reference: http://www.951BuySell.com