I'm looking for suggestions on where to move in NY or NJ that is 1 hour or less by train to NYC. I need a place with good schools &

Asked by Beaver1582, Summit, NJ Thu Mar 28, 2013

walkability. I'm looking for a town that has strong schools, walkability, restaurants, some shopping, looking for buying a home that will have property taxes under $9,000. Moving from a city in NC that is family friendly, walkable, lots of restaurants and shopping all with much lower property taxes. In order to move up and be by family need to find someplace that can have this to please the financial minded hubby.

Answers

2
sunhillblair…, Home Seller, 07825
Mon Feb 23, 2015
go to Owners.com and key in 8 East Sunset Hill Road, Blairstown, NJ 07825 - 10 rooms with property taxes @$4700/year. Bus to NYC from Hackettstown and trains are nearby. kids can walk to grade school.
Nancy Gould, , Maplewood, NJ
Fri Nov 15, 2013
You don't say your total budget, but with those taxes in mind I would look in Summit, Madison or Chatham New Jersey. These towns are walkable and have lower taxes than the towns in Essex County. Good luck with your search.