fcbguy, Home Buyer in Glen Ellyn, IL

I'm looking for current price per suqare foot ranges for new construction in the western suburbs (lombard, glen ellyn, wheaton) exlcuding land.

Asked by fcbguy, Glen Ellyn, IL Sun Mar 27, 2011

I'm looking to buy the land seperate and then get a builder for the home. Just trying to figure out budgets and how much I can spend on the land and still build a house on it (2600 to 3200 sq feet, mid quality on finishes)

Answers

2
Janet Mayer, Agent, Lisle, IL
Sun Mar 27, 2011
Most of the new construction in the area of Lombard/Glen Ellyn/Wheaton area over the last 12 months have SOLD for anywhere between $150-$160/SF. There have been a select few (some new Wheaton townhomes) that have actually sold for $300/SF, believe it or not...A lot of it depends on the finishes, location and lot size, but that number of $150-$160/SF is pretty accurate. Knowing that the builder counts on around 8-10% profit, this brings the price per square foot range around $130-$145/SF for building.. If you need a few recommendations for builders, don't hesitate to call.
John Miller, , 60137
Sun Mar 27, 2011
You can do it for $125-$135-- but if you are building a custom home then you might want a certain level of finsihes that will drive the price up to $145-$165 a sq ft. Your exterior selection along with kitchen and bath amenties will make a big difference-- some people will spend $50,000- 75,000 on a kitchen that is 20 x 18 that drives the per sq ft charge up dramatically. I suggest using $135 and then add your appliances, lighting and millwork separately. Dont forget to add 600-700 sq ft for a garage.