I'm looking for an real estate agent who might help for buying a condo in the San Juan Capistrano area for first time buyer. Suggestions?

Asked by Vb0333, San Juan Capistrano, CA Wed Dec 29, 2010

I'm a first time buyer, considering a 2 bed-room place. It is primarily going to be a place for my mother, so she'd can easily live and be close to work. I'm looking for agents in the area that can help. I'm looking to for houses where I can put 20 - 30% down so around the 300K mark.

Answers

22
Dave Gubler, Agent, Foothill Ranch, CA
Tue Jan 11, 2011
Vb, Karen provided a great answer. There are quite a few good agents in the area (include me please) that you could not go wrong with. Check out our profiles, the questions we've answered and our Trulia blogs and narrow the field down a bit based upon which agent "clicks" with your way of thinking and operating best. You can tell a lot about how we do business by reading our blogs and the answers we have provided here in the past.
Web Reference:  http://www.imlrealestate.com
Louri Groves…, Agent, Fountain Valley, CA
Wed Dec 29, 2010
Hi Vb0333,

Looks like there are many great agents responding!

Before you interview agents, I suggest you have your questions prepared. Examples of questions:
1.) How long before you return my phone call, text, or email?
2.) How will you search for my new home?
3.) How will your "area expertise" give me an advantage over other buyers?
4.) How do you handle multiple offers?
5.) Will you be able to refer me home inspectors, title companies, and mortgage brokers if I need referrals?
6.) Ask for references. When calling references, ask for the agent's strengths and weaknesses.

Your agent should know how to listen to you, how to communicate best with you, how to counsel you, and most importantly, how to ask the right questions to better serve you and your mom. Happy Hunting!

Good luck and happy new year!

Louri Groves
Prudential California Realty, Newport Beach
The Hartanov…, , San Clemente, CA
Wed Dec 29, 2010
As Mark stated, interview 3-4 local agents. Ask them to show you via an MLS printout what they have sold in 2010 to see if they are really in the business. A local agent who works daily in the area will usually know more about the area and housing tracts than someone 15 miles +/- away. Maybe make a phone call to agents you want to interview and see if they even answer their phone, or even return your phone call.

Karen Parsons…, Agent, Laguna Beach, CA
Mon Jan 3, 2011

As you can see, there are quite a few agents in our area who would be happy to help you....including me :). I would recommend that you do some research here first. Trulia allows agents to have blogs where they can write about things that pertain to real estate and how they handle things. We also answer questions and those can be accessed on our profile also....again, to give you more insight into our personalities and work methods.

I would be happy to speak with you about your home purchase and answer any questions you might have.

Karen
Vb0333, , San Juan Capistrano, CA
Wed Dec 29, 2010
Thanks for all the help. I'll definitely be contacting some of you that have responded. The response with specific questions was really helpful.
Jacqueline W…, Agent, Irvine, CA
Wed Dec 29, 2010
My team would be happy to help you as you look for a place for your mother. Please check out my profile on Trulia. It includes my professional summary, testimonials from past Clients and details about a few of our listings. You can also check us out on LinkedIn and Zillow where you will also find feedback from our Clients and Colleagues. If you would like to take a look at what is currently on the market in San Juan Capistrano, you can access all the information on the mls by activating your own account on the web-based service we offer all our Clients. I have included a link below.
Mark Gundlach…, Agent, Newport Beach, CA
Wed Dec 29, 2010
You're taking a great first step by inquiring in a forum such as this. The most important thing for you would be to find someone with whom you relate to best. You should ask a lot of questions, and they should do the same of you. Don't take our word for it as to who you should work with. Interview 3 or 4 different agents and make sure they understand your mother's wants and needs. After all, she will be the one who needs to be comfortable in her new home. I put together a sampling of what is available so you can get an idea of what your price point offers you. Good luck and Happy New Year!

http://socallistings.marketlinx.com/SearchDetail/Scripts/Prt…
Web Reference:  http://www.markgundlach.com
Eagent, , San Juan Capistrano, CA
Mon Jan 10, 2011
Yes, of course-I cannot recommend anyone more than myself. I am familiar with a large number of condos in that price range-why don't you give me more details such as-would you mother prefer a single level? Fireplace? Near the freeway? Library? Is a manufactured home a possibility?
Richard Schu…, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Thu Jan 6, 2011
Look for someone experienced....not necessarily over 20 years, but someone who is closing 20+ deals each of the last few years. Find an agent who has solid referrals to lenders and other vendors, and find an agent who will in writing show you homes, show you short sales and work with you as long as you need it. Reward that agent by signing a Buyer Broker agreement.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Richard Schulman
#1 Listing and Selling Agent
Keller Williams West Los Angeles
310-482-0173
schulmanrd@yahoo.com
http://www.RichardSchulman.com
Ron Siegel, , 92807
Wed Jan 5, 2011
Home Buyer-

I would highly recommend you call Zen Ziejewski at 949.429.6985. I have interviewed him in person and on my radio program and I am very impressed with his knowledge and passion for helping people.
David Grbich, Agent, Laguna Niguel, CA
Fri Dec 31, 2010
Hi SJC HomeBuyer,

I am a licensed Broker and specialize and live in San Juan Capistrano and would welcome the opportunity to work with you and your mother. Feel free to contact me anytime to discuss your needs - available anytime to show you and your mom the area as well as condos in your $300k price range. I would also be delighted to send you available homes in this price range including bank owned and short sale listings which can present some incredible values. Best of luck with your home search and thanks for considering Ventana!

David Grbich, Broker
Ventana Coastal Properties
949-500-0484
dave@ventanacoastalproperties.com
MJ Omidbakhsh, Agent, Irvine, CA
Wed Dec 29, 2010
Email me your phone number and I will be able to help you. my e-mail is: mj.realtor@msrealtycalifornia.com
Talk to you soon, MJ
SouthOCpro, Home Buyer, 92672
Wed Dec 29, 2010
Someone stated you should make sure the agent actually has sold real estate or is currently an active/full-time agent. This couldn't be more valid. Some of the most recent responses here have come from agents who have sold only 1 property...ever!

Buyer beware!
Flower Medley, Agent, MEDINA, OH
Wed Dec 29, 2010
I am a buyers agent who is experienced with first time home buyers. I know you may have a lot of questions and I will walk you through the entire process. Most of all I will listen to your needs and help you find the home that best fits for you and your mother. I am quick to respond to your needs a questions. You can search for available properties on your own by simply going to Socalmls.com or Realtor.com. If you find some homes that you may be interested in, I will be glad to take you to go see them. Please call or email me if you think I would be a good fit for you guys :) Good luck in your search :) ~Flowermedley@gmail.com

Flower Medley
Realty Executives OC Coastal
27611 La Paz Rd., Suite D
Laguna Niguel, Ca. 92677
949-444-8117
Buyers Agent, Leases, Relocation, Vacation Rentals
Michael Emer…, Agent, Mission Viejo, CA
Wed Dec 29, 2010
Hi, I actually am a REALTOR with an office in San Juan Capistrano (right across from the Mission San Juan Capistrano). Love to have you stop by the office and we can peruse condo listings on our big screen OR I'll gladly do some searching and email you some possibilities. Please let me know how I can help.
Michael Emerson, Newman Realty, 949-295-6224
Joe Homs, Agent, Laguna Hills, CA
Wed Dec 29, 2010
Homebuyer,

I see that you have recieved numerous responses to your question. So here are my credentials. I specialize in San Juan Capistrano and have over 30+ years of real estate experience. I am the number one agent in our office and work with first time buyers all the time. If you would like to search for homes "like a real estate agent" go to my website at: http://www.joehoms.listingbook.com and log in.

Remember experience does count!

Joe Homs, VP & General Manager
Wright Realty Partners
949-625-4533
joe@joehoms.com
Web Reference:  http://www.joehoms.com
Michael Barr…, Agent, Irvine, CA
Wed Dec 29, 2010
Hi there Vb0333
I would be happy to help you with this . I work in this area for buyers all the time
Feel free to see my site where you see some testimonials and you can search for condos right from my site if you like. I can show you 7 proven strategies that will save you thousands when you are ready to make an offer
I look forwrd to hearing from you

Kind Regards
Michael Barron
First Team Real Estate
Bonnie Hart, Agent, Mission Viejo, CA
Wed Dec 29, 2010
Hello Homebuyer,

Bonnie Hart here at your service. I have lived in the local area for over 20 years. San Juan is my backyard and not only that - I answer my phone! How soon does your mom need to move? Give me a call so that we can discuss your plans. 949-201-6887 so we can set up an appt. ASAP.
Web Reference:  http://www.hartproperty.net
Marco Marqui…, , San Clemente, CA
Wed Dec 29, 2010
Will be happy to assist you with it. Please provide me with your phone number or I can be reach at 949-413-5779. You can text me too if you prefer your contact info. http://www.marquinarealestate.com. Thanks.
donna newman, Agent, Laguna Hills, CA
Wed Dec 29, 2010
Im in Laguna Hills area, 5 miles aways. Have been in Real Estate 12 years now. I would love to help you find Mom a place. I am going out of town this weekend but will be back on Sunday.

Donna Newman
Southland Investments
Cell 949 275-4070
TheRECoach, , Orange County, CA
Wed Dec 29, 2010
My Choice in that area would be Bob Watson of First Team Real Estate, outstanding RE professional. You can reach him at his office in San Clemente, or if you are an Internet user, contact him on Twitter @TopBrokerOC, or Facebook through his Group Page SMMOC

Here is his Linked In profile, where you can verify my claim that he is amazing, and get all teh contact info you need!

http://www.linkedin.com/in/topbrokeroc

very best of luck

@CBRELongBeach
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Wed Dec 29, 2010
Consider contacting a few local agents, or as many as needed, from different realty companies and interview them in person--then choose the one you like best--or consider asking friends, other family members, neighbors, co-workers, etc., for agent recommendations.