I'm looking for an agent that works with RE investors. Must be able to think differently & not be embarrassed to submit low offers.

Asked by Michael Dodge, Frederick, MD Sun Aug 7, 2011

Is that you?

Looking for a real estate agent that wants to be part of my team. Will need to be able to run sold comps, provide list of recent cash sales, and submit frequent low offers, among other things.

Our primary focus will initially be on Frederick, MD, Germantown, MD, Gaithersburg, MD, and Rockville, MD, and spreading to other areas of Frederick and Montgomery County as resources allow. I am looking to buy, fix, and sell a property where I can turn a $20,000 to $25,000 profit. I am looking to be in and out of deals quick.

I look forward to your response.

Answers

6
John Potter &…, Agent, Frederick, MD
Sun Aug 7, 2011
Hi Michael,

I was actually investing in real estate prior to getting my real estate license. I bought and flipped my first property almost 10 years ago while walking away with a 100k profit. I went on to purchase 7 other properties after that, 4 of which I still own and manage as residential rental homes. I actually got my RE license at the time to help other investors achieve thier own real estate goals as I had trouble finding agents who would take me seriously. As a result, I have worked with many investors in the past and have a first hand knowledge of the business, as well as the in's and out's of renting in the area's you've mentioned should buy and hold be an option you are considering as well.

I would love to talk to you further if you decide I may be a good person to add to the team!

Sharon Bremer
Long & Foster Realtors
301-676-4031
sharon.bremer@longandfoster.com
http://www.youramericandreamteam.com
Cathy Chapman, Agent, Frederick, MD
Sun Aug 7, 2011
Hello again, Michael,

Scott suggests working with Listings Agents who serve most of the REO market, HOWEVER, they are representing the banks in the transaction so their fiduciary duty is to the banks, NOT to the buyer. You are well served to have a BUYER agent to assist you in the process and negotiate on your behalf rather than you working directly with the Listing Agent. Besides, your Buyer Agent will show you all your options as opposed to a Listing Agent trying to keep you focused solely on just their listings.

Cathy Chapman, Broker Owner Agent
Signature Home Sales, LLC
301-514-6839 Cell
cathy@cathychapman.com
Valerie Lowe, , Frederick, MD
Sun Aug 7, 2011
Hi Michael,
I have been working almost exclusively with cash buyers looking to flip properties. We've successfully flipped several this year, usually netting between $20,000-$30,000 in profit. They are usually in and out of the properties in just a few months. So far, we haven't had any issues with appraisals or buyers obtaining FHA loans for the properties.

We generally find REO properties, but occasionally will sit out a short sale too. Most of the homes we buy are townhouses in the Frederick and Walkersville area. I have searches set up for foreclosures all over the area, and keep several neighborhoods on a daily watch just to keep an eye on all the activity. I have a very good feel for certain areas, and have concentrated our work into just a few areas. I don't feel it's possible to get to know all of the areas you mentioned, and know them well enough to really flip properties, but I can be a great resource for you in a certain price range in Frederick, where I know we have been successfull.

If I can be of any help to you, please give me a call at 601-454-5956, or email me at valerie.lowe@longandfoster.com
Valerie
Cathy Chapman, Agent, Frederick, MD
Sun Aug 7, 2011
Good Morning, Michael,

I work with a group of cash investors who flip property. If you are a cash investor, I'm glad to work with you. I used to live in Montgomery County (G'burg) for 11 years and have been in Frederick for 13 years now so I have a strong level of market knowledge in all areas of your searches.

If you go to http://www.CathyChapman.com, you can find searches that are already set up for Foreclosures with a specific link to listings by county: Montgomery, Frederick, Howard, Washington and Carroll counties. Peruse these links and let me know what you'd like to take a look at.

Also, on http://www.SignatureHomeSales.com, you can find comparables for several communities are updated about every 2-3 weeks: Clarksburg, Villages of Urbana, Spring Ridge, Worman's Mill and Glenbrook in Middletown. These communities are highly desirable areas and would give you a quick flip if you can find the right ROI opportunity. These comparables are broken out by Short Sale, Foreclosure and No Bank Involvement so visitors to my site can get a quick snapshot of how pricing varies based on bank involvement. Often times you get your best deals in short sales and foreclosures. But Short Sales are going to tie you up for an indefinite period of time since there are no government regulated parameters around Short Sales. It could take 3 months to get bank approval or I've seen them go over a year to get bank approval. Investors should look for Foreclosures for their best deals unless you find an owner who is desperate and is priced lower than the market just to move their property quickly. This does happen and often times they are rehabs.

I welcome the opportunity to meet with you and your team to discuss strategy and see if it's a fit for all of us to work together.

Cathy Chapman, Broker Owner Agent
Signature Home Sales, LLC
301-514-6839 Cell
cathy@cathychapman.com
Web Reference:  http://CathyChapman.com
Scott Godzyk, Agent, Manchester, NH
Sun Aug 7, 2011
Micahel having a great buyers agent who can search listings is always a plus, i find that meeting with the leading listing agents of bank owned homes will get you inside of homes bfore they are priced and on teh market, i have al ot of investors i work with who complete alot of inspections and determine what they want to over so they are ready when the listing hits the market.
Web Reference:  http://www.ScottSellsNH.com
Patty Smith, Agent, Frederick, MD
Sun Aug 7, 2011
Hi Michael:

I work on a real estate team that works with investors. I would be very happy to let you know how we work. Please e-mail me at pattys@longandfoster.com.

I look forward to your e-mail.

Have A Great Day!

Patty