I'm looking for a 1,500sqft property in Ontario (91764) that accepts FHA loan, what is the best way to look for that?

Asked by maria.proano, 91764 Wed Oct 26, 2011

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Ludy Ivonina, Agent, Corona, CA
Wed Oct 26, 2011
Hi Maria,
I would be happy to discuss this further with you at your convenience.
Also I live in Ontario and am very familiar with the area.
I look forward to speaking with you.
Ludy Ivonina, Realtor
Email: ludy@tarbell.com
1 vote
Nat Genis, Agent, Temecula, CA
Wed Oct 26, 2011
Hello Maria,
Your Realtor will be able to help you with the particulars of which homes will qualify for FHA financing. Some previous FHA requirements are more lenient now. For example, most FHA lenders do not require a stove to be in the home to qualify.
You should interview prospective agents to determine who you would like to help find your new home.
I would be happy to discuss this further with you at your convenience.
I've also lived in Ontario for over 24 years and am very familiar with the area.
I look forward to speaking with you.
Stephanie Batzel, Realtor
951 312-6091
Email: StephanieBatzel@gmail.com
Web Reference:  http://StephanieBatzel.com
1 vote
Robert Chome…, , San Diego, CA
Wed Oct 26, 2011
Your Realtor can tell you when they are searching the MLS as the listing will usually say if they are not accepting FHA offers.
1 vote
Thomas Blair, , Ontario, CA
Wed Oct 26, 2011
The BEST way would be for you to find an agent you are comfortable with and have them help you as they will know the ins and outs of what properties will qualify for an FHA loan. Basically you need to make sure that the property has all of the necessities needed for a safe, habitable home. For example there can be no paint pealing off of the walls, there needs to be a furnace or heaters, water heater, kitchen stove, no broken windows, etc. If you are looking into condominiums, the HOA of that community will have to be on the list of approved HOAs. There are some other rules regarding investors who are selling or flipping homes, but for now those rules are suspended.

Good luck!

1 vote
Garrigus Real…, Agent, Redlands, CA
Fri Nov 4, 2011
A real estate agent can supply you with email feeds of listings and do all the "homework" on a listing to determine if it ca go FHA.
0 votes
Raul Lozano, Agent, Ontario, CA
Sat Oct 29, 2011
Hi Maria, you should contact a local real estate agent in your area and we can show you a list of properties that qualify for FHA and according to your needs. You can search homes like we do on the following link http://www.RaulLozano.com
Web Reference:  http://RaulLozano.com
0 votes
Stephen McKee, Agent, Riverside, CA
Fri Oct 28, 2011
Trulia or any other site will not display that info. For a sure thing, look for remodeled homes. 90% of investors are accepting FHA loans because they've owned the homes for more than 90 days. About 10-20% of the inventory is investor flip properties. With a small down program it's likely that you do not have a lot of savings. Purchasing a flip will prevent you from making any major repairs or spending a lot of time on deferred maintenance. Be sure you agent has some construction background so they can spot a poor remodel.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Home Buying in Ontario Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more