I'm looking for a small house, fixer ok, on a lot > 0.5 acres near UF & services. Many listings don't give lot size. What's

Asked by Jennifer Robinson, Gainesville, FL Fri Jun 15, 2012

the best way to search?

Answers

7
Gia & Scott…, Agent, Gainesville, FL
Fri Jun 15, 2012
There are a lot of good company websites to search such as ours Matchmakerrealty.com but if you want to search a website that all the companies put there listings on then they get syndicated to their websites. You should go to GACAR.com. Scott Arvin Matchmaker Realty 352-871-8615
Robin "Kaley"…, Agent, Newberry, FL
Fri Jun 15, 2012
Hi Jennifer,
our website http://www.allisonables.com is easy to use to search all real estate in Gainesville. You can search by area and see exactly where each property is on several types of maps. Each house listing will show the acreage as reported by the listing agent/owner. Alternately, try copy-and-pasting each of these MLS numbers on our site, I did a quick search for you and these may be of interest: 325696, 331791, 333439, 330430. Around UF there aren't many very small houses with that much acreage, most are .20 to .33 acres, more as the house gets bigger, unless the property has two lots. Put in my name if the site asks you to, and you'll be directed to me personally. I'll be happy to look up more options for you. I and my assistant, Kamia, always have you covered!
Happy house hunting!
Robin "Kaley" Shorter
kshorter@allisonables.com
352-234-6777
Bonnie Seide, Agent, Gainesville, FL
Fri Jun 15, 2012
Also, depends on what you mean by close to UF, within walking distance or within 15 minute drive by car or bus?
say 3 mile radius, long walk, short drive. I want minimal house now, good place to build my dream house years later
Flag Fri Jun 15, 2012
Bonnie Seide, Agent, Gainesville, FL
Fri Jun 15, 2012
Find a website that offers more search options than the one you are using.
Gia & Scott…, Agent, Gainesville, FL
Fri Jun 15, 2012
Hi Jennifer,
It will be hard to find out exactly what the lot size on any listing you look at unless it is an Acre or more because most lots around UF are smaller lots and either the owner or the agent doesn't know exactly how big it is. If you are working witht a Realtor a Realtor can put in your search every home that is on .50 acres or more and that would elimante a lot of the homes that will come to you. I hope this answers your questions and if you would like for me to send you homes around UF on .50 acres or more please feel free to give me a call or email me back. Thank You Scott Arvin 352-871-8615
Laura Goldbe…, Agent, Gainesville, FL
Fri Jun 15, 2012
there are not many homes near the University that are 1/2 acre lots. you can search on my web/blog @ http://www.lifeingainesvilleflorida.com. Let me know if I can be of any other help. email me@ Gainesvillerealestate@yahoo.com Laura
Kerry Childe…, Agent, Gainesville, FL
Fri Jun 15, 2012
A fixer upper home on at least 1/2 acre near UF, OK.
Contact me if you want help.
I'll be happy to help if you will commit to work with me. 352-378-7015