I'm looking for a neighborhood with no children, or as few children as possible. Does this heaven exist?

Asked by Eli Rizo, Orlando, FL Fri Mar 22, 2013

Answers

13
Ron Climer, Agent, Hendersonville, NC
Wed Oct 9, 2013
Here in Orlando, most of the Realtors obey the Fair Housing Law also known as the Civil Rights Act of 1968. This law prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, familial status, handicap. It would be a violation of this federal law for any Realtor to discuss familial status in the neighborhood.
You are welcome to be prejudiced against families with children. A law abiding Realtor will not discuss this issue with you.A smart Realtor will not "steer" you to a no kids neighborhood. If they did, they would be violating this law. Realtors don't have to like the law but they better obey it.
You are not breaking any law by asking for this information but a Realtor is violating the law by answering your question.
bonpercmats, Home Buyer, Atlanta, TX
Sun Oct 6, 2013
Yes, look at my home at 8433 Lake Florence Blvd, Orlando
It is on a county road, very little traffic, lake out front, pool in fenced back yard.
House is awesome with an inspiring distinquished appeal and no children around.
Wonderful retired people next door, both sides, very friendly, and wonderful neighborhood.
When we bought the home, the current owners never locked their doors.
Check it out! You will love the ambience and privacy it offers along with total quiet area.
Don Tepper, Agent, Burke, VA
Fri Mar 22, 2013
First choice: Over 55 communities.

Second choice: Expensive condos. People like to buy homes--yards, etc.--when they have kids. Condos aren't ideally suited to raising kids, so lots of families don't buy in them.

Third choice: Look for communities with amenities designed for adults. You're likely to find more adults and fewer children in them.

Fourth choice (though this is changing): Communities with large populations of gay and lesbians. That's certainly not a slam against gays and lesbians. But historically they weren't allowed to marry and adoption restrictions were tough. (On the other hand, I've got a gay relative; she and her partner have had at least one child together.) So, regardless of your personal or political views, communities with gays and lesbians historically have had fewer children in them.

Carri Schoel…, Agent, Orlando, FL
Fri Mar 22, 2013
The type of community you are desiring is a 55+ where children are not allowed to reside. If a neighborhood is not designated as such, it is unlawful for family status discrimination. As Realtors we adhere to the Equal Housing Law and most neighborhoods can and may have children residing within them. Doctor Phillips is a family orientated area and does not include any 55+ communities. My suggestion to you is if you want Dr. Phillips drive around the area and decide for yourself which neighborhoods suits you the best. If you would like a 55+ neighborhood, Solivita in Kissimme is a fantastic community for golf and recreation.

Carri
Valentina Na…, Agent, Kissimmee, FL
Fri Mar 22, 2013
:) Are you looking to rent or to buy?
Buy. I like kids. Even babysit but am 55 now and looking for something different for living more quiet for rest hours as noise does bother. Lol its not kids that make noise ; its the adults raising them.
Flag Mon May 29, 2017
I'm looking to buy. Also, I'm looking to buy with as few kids as possible, and I am not 55-plus. What isn't discriminatory about someone permitted to scream and sqeal causing noise pollution just because they are a kid? If i did the same thing, I'd be challenged if not cited. I have cash to spend, good credit, and want to buy a house...just away from kids and I should be permitted to do that, and without reprimand from agents.
Flag Fri Mar 22, 2013
Natasha Mann, Agent, Lake Buena Vista, FL
Wed Oct 2, 2013
Hey, Eli! Have you found your perfect quiet home yet?
Elliott Hago…, Agent, New Smyrna Beach, FL
Sat Jun 8, 2013
The Florida Keys!

Call Me!

Elliott Hagood Broker
Florida REALTORS Honors Society
2012-2014 New Smyrna Beach Board of REALTORS, Director
Home & Family Real Estate & Property Management LLC Broker~Owner
Innovation Properties of the Gulf Coast LLC Vice-President, D.R. Broker
386-690-6546 (Anytime SELL Phone)
NSBeBroker@aol.com
http://WWW.MyREvest.com
Offices in New Smyrna Beach, Pensacola & Orlando
boby2233, Home Buyer, Amsterdam, NY
Sat Mar 23, 2013
yes it does, 30acres,with 2500ft house pool, much more ===== nearest neighbor is 700 ft apart.
if interested give a call 518 842 9671, PRICE $475k
Debra (Debbi…, Agent, Livingston, NJ
Sat Mar 23, 2013
Guess you don't have grandchildren yet!!

Once you do, you go back to liking children again.......well, at least your own!

:)
Abraham Bidh…, Agent, Orlando, FL
Sat Mar 23, 2013
Hi Eli:

If you are over 55 you could consider, Ridgewood in Davenport, Heritage Hills in Clermont, Kings Ridge in Clermont, Summit Greens in Clermont and Solivita in Poinciana.

These are all very very nice 55+ communities. I have sold in virtually every single one of them and would be more than happy to discuss their pros and cons with you.

Feel free to call or email me anytime.

Abraham Bidhendi
Top Producer Realtor® with over 26 years of experience
Awarded as Exit's TOP Buyer side Transactions for the State of Florida
We have had 142 successful transactions during the past year alone.
Exit Realty Access, LLC
Direct: (407) 744-2533
Fax: (407) 444-9925
Email: REOsofflorida@msn.com
Website: http://abidhendi.orlandopropertiesonline.com
Kissimmee Office: 391 N. Main St., Kissimmee, FL 34741
Altamonte Springs Office: 660 Palm Springs Dr., Suite D, Altamonte Springs, FL 32701
Mark LeMenag…, Agent, Lake Nona Orlando, FL
Sat Mar 23, 2013
As noted, it's not a problem at all. I can suggest Solivita just south of Kissimmee. If you want to stay in Orange County it's a lot harder to find.
Sylvia Paul, Agent, Apopka, FL
Fri Mar 22, 2013
Absolutely....................if you or your spouse is 55+ then I would love to introduce you to one of the several adult only communities just outside the Orlando area. Call or email me directly for a free private consultation. 407-864-3139. sylvia@sylviapaulrocks.com

Sylvia Paul
Realty Center
5122 Dr. Phillips Blvd
Orlando, Fl 32819
Kate Paris, Agent, Ocala, FL
Fri Mar 22, 2013
Call me or send me an email and I'll be happy to find you your dream home.

Best wishes,
Kate Paris, Realtor
407-230-7807
RealtorKateFl@gmail.com