Home Buying in Denver>Question Details

Dreindenver, Home Buyer in Denver, CO

I'm looking for a lease to purchase home in Denver. Where can I find such a house in Denver?

Asked by Dreindenver, Denver, CO Wed Jan 19, 2011

Due to a short sale over two years ago, I can't qualify for traditional financing. I need to find housing for myself, my son and our dog. Rentals are expensive here, and I would really rather own.

A good local real estate agent should be able to dig up some Rent to Owns and even Owner Carries to choose from. They often want 10- 20% down and to see some work history or income. A lot of retiring seller's would love to carry a sale. I know a few right off the bat. You can also try Craigslist, but I think you should definitely run the contract by an agent to protect yourself. Let me know what you want and where and I will show you some options.
Nick Bowman
I have heard that some lenders are making loans when the short sale is 2 years or older. Have you checked with any lenders yet?
Home Buying in Denver,

First, have you talked with a GOOD lender, who can help you get positioned to purchase a home?
Secondly, right here on Trulia is a good place to look for rentals and then talk with the owner about an option to buy! If the owner says yes, call your Real Estate Agent to do the paperwork or a Real Estate attorney.
BEWARE of getting into an agreement where the payments are not being made to the mortgage company and next thing you know, you are getting an eviction notice.

You have heard about SUPPLY and DEMAND...that is why rentals are expensive at this time. There are so many families who either had a Short Sale or a Foreclosure and their only option is to rent!

Call me should you want more detailed information!

Joyce Sedam
Web Reference: http://www.JoyceSedam.com
Hi Dreindenver:

I would go to realtor.com and click on the advanced search. Click "Property Features" on the left. Scroll to the bottom and check the "Lease Option" box. Of course, you should also fill in an additional parameters that are applicable.

Ron Rovtar
Prudential Real Estate of the Rockies
Hello Dreindenver
Not to fret, There are many, like you, in similar positions. The good news is that many sellers are considering lease-to-purchase options, which allow you to rebuild your credit in the interim. The Swan Realtor Group ( I am a buyer's agent with them) has many active sellers and you can put our services to work to find you a seller who is willing to work with you so that you can purchase a home. Give me a call at 303-902-1435 and we can chat about options. ~Esther ~