I'm looking buying a house in Austin. What are the good areas?

Asked by Kelly, Austin, TX Tue Apr 17, 2012

Answers

17
Stephen McCl…, Agent, Georgetown, TX
Wed Apr 18, 2012
Kelly,

First congratulations on your relocation to the Austin area. I cannot agree more with the fellow agents' remarks. You have to really shop based on YOUR priorities and abilities. Fortunately there is a "method to the madness" for that process. Shoot me an email and I will email you a tool that actually gives you the ability to systematically create a list of preferred areas. Feel free to also visit our website at http://www.CornerstoneNewHomeSolutions.com where you can shop for homes based on multiple criteria at your convenience and without obligation.

We appreciate the opportunity to earn your trust and business.

Best to you in your new home endeavors,

Stephen B. McClain, Broker Owner
Cornerstone New Home Solutions

512-876-3116
smcclain@cornerstonenewhomesolutions.com
Jan Bowman, Agent, Cedar Park, TX
Wed Apr 18, 2012
Kelly,
There are some wonderful areas to live in the Austin market. Those answers can only be found by understanding the things you value in an area, where it is in relation to your work, your family activities, your budgets and so forth. Take some time write down what is important to you in an area and I will tell you Austin probably has it. Then a good agent can help you find the right home for you. Communicate these needs to myself or another strong agent in Austin and you should have no trouble finding the right spot for you.

Jack
Rodney Harris, , Austin, TX
Tue Apr 17, 2012
Kelly,

Home is where the heart is and knowing your definition of home, what price range or monthly investment you’re seeking and any location considerations for things like your work or school gives us a good starting point to finding your home. Further research for such things as school ratings, crime statistics and walk scores can be researched once we have a starting point.

Multiple searches for multiple locations around Austin can be automated. The searches will show you all current homes available by location that meet your needs. Then automatically email you each time a new home comes on the market matching your search criteria, so you’ll be among the first to know about it.

I would be glad to set that up for you or you can do the same at http://www.readyrealestate.com (home of the buyer cash back rebate). The content is very current, offers multiple saved search options and you don’t have to register to use it. Our buyer serices are free and we pay you to purchase. Check our http://www.readyrealestate.com for complete details.

For your convenience, I’m available all seven days to assist with information or showing of any home, no matter who is selling it.

Please let me know if I can be of assitance.

Rodney Harris
Realtor®/ Austin Team Leader
Ready Real Estate
Home of the Buyer Cash Back Rebate
512-585-5017
rharris@readyrealestate.com
Anthony Gibs…, , Austin, TX
Tue Apr 17, 2012
There are many! It true depends on what your needs are.
Cmoneyspinner, Both Buyer And Seller, Cedar Park, TX
Tue Apr 17, 2012
I'm not a realtor or an agent. I'm a private real estate note investor. But I moved to Austin from El Paso in 1998 and I can tell you that you would have to look hard for "bad areas". Specifically, I have lived in Round Rock, North Austin (Wells Branch), and Cedar Park. But I've contemplated Leander, Georgetown, and Pflugerville. I have friends who live in all of those cities. They were second choices. My sons have lived in South Austin and they liked it.
Hope this response helps you make a good decision.
Karen Pagani, Agent, Austin, TX
Tue Apr 17, 2012
Dear Kelly,

There are a lot of great areas in Austin. One of the fabulous things about this city is that it is fairly easy to find a great home relatively close in to downtown no matter what your budget (obviously, the higher your budget, the closer you are. But places like Windsor Park and Crestview are literally only minutes away, and you can find newly remodeled homes at very reasonable prices). Even in some of the more affordable areas, the possibility exists to find an architectural gem just waiting for you to make your personal imprint upon it. Once you have your square footage, budget, and location figured out, it's usually pretty easy to find that perfect home (especially in this market where, it seems, something new is coming on the market every hour). I am an investor and a house flipper, in addition to being a Realtor. I love, love, love imagining how spaces can be used and improved upon with a limited budget.
If you have any questions or want to go out looking, don't hesitate to contact me. My bio can be found here: http://thegillagency.com/about-us/karen-pagani

Best of luck in your search, and congratulations on having decided to buy a home in one of the greatest cities on earth.
Karen Pagani, Ph.D., Realtor
The Gill Agency
karen@thegillagency.com
512 786 7224
Marsha Ross, Agent, Cedar Park, TX
Tue Apr 17, 2012
It truly depends on your personality, your lifestyle and your preferences. Pick a Realtor you trust and like! All of us would be glad to help you find your new home, but only one will be able to. You can search for yourself on my site at http://www.marshaross.net and if you find something you like, I would be happy to answer any questions you may have. If searching on your own gets old, it can be automated. If we work well together, we will find what you want and need.

Good Luck however you choose to proceed!

Marsha
512-797-3903
Steven Nusin…, Agent, Austin, TX
Tue Apr 17, 2012
Too many to list. Please feel free to contact me with a wish list. Whether it is quaint older homes on a tree lined streets or master planned community with all the amenities....I am confident we can find the right area for you.

Steve Nusinow
(512)922-7588
JOSEPH E JAR…, Agent, Austin, TX
Tue Apr 17, 2012
Kelly, to answer your question I would need to ask many others such as price range, hobbies, where you work, if you have children that need schooling, etc., etc. I would be glad to talk with you and point you in the right direction. If you are not yet working with a Realtor, I am a Residential Specialist and I help buyers like you all the time find just the right home, in just the right area at the best possible price! I know that sounds cliché, but I'm one of the top rated agents in Austin and I'm also a Master Instructor who teaches Buyer Representation, Negotiations, etc. Please click on my name to the right and review my Credentials and Client Testimonials and contact me as I can help you get preapproved, find the right home, and guide you through the process, making it as fun and stress-free as possible! Thanks, Joe Jarusinsky, Keller Williams Realty, Austin's #1 Real Estate Company also ranked #1 by Buyers three years in a row. 512-261-4415
tim sweeney, Agent, Austin, TX
Tue Apr 17, 2012
I have always lived on, or near the lake. I live in Lake South now, come out here and look around first before you buy a house in Pflugerville, or Round Rock. But then, where you work is important, you don't want to spend any more time in traffic every day than you have to. Kids in school is #1 for most people, Lake South has great schools too. A lot of things go into the where should we buy a house equation.
Bill Wilson &…, Agent, Lago Vista, TX
Tue Apr 17, 2012
Hi Kelly -- Just about anywhere around Lake Travis and the Hill country. You will love it.

Feel free to setup a Listing Alert on my site, http://www.LagoVistaAreaHomes.com . Check the search criteria that you want (uncheck the items you don't want) and then any listings that match your search criteria will be sent to you automatically. When you find a property that you have questions about or you may want to see, just contact me. Or if you prefer, send me your search criteria and I will set it up for you.

What else can I do to help?
Michael Newm…, , Austin, TX
Tue Apr 17, 2012
HI Kelly,
There are good areas to select from in all price ranges here in Greater Austin. We're quite fortunate.
You start with what needs you have and go from there. It narrows the search very quickly.

Do you need to be close to work? How far a drive is acceptable? Do you need public transport?
What price did the lender pre-qualify you for? What other financial issues are there?
What family size do you want to accomodate? How long do you plan to live there?
Do you prefer a 1 or a 2 story home? Are you considering a condo or townhome in close to things?
Do you need a garage? Do you need a fenced yard for a dog? Do you want a utility room space?

That's going to be a good start to finding the best places to pick from for your home.
My wife, Alice, and I have been helping first time buyers like you get into a home for over 20 years.
Check us out at http://www.HotAustinProperties.com.

We'll be happy to help you with each step.
Talk to you soon.

Mike Newman, REALTOR
KW Realty-Austin
512-636-4518 direct
Mike@HotAustinProperties.com
Michael Estes, Agent, Leander, TX
Tue Apr 17, 2012
Kelly,
Allow me to introduce to you something that could help you save TENS of THOUSANDS of DOLLARS throughout the home buying process. Yes Process. What no other agent can do for you is help guarantee that you will not over pay for a house, a loan, or fall into a money pit. Not that other agents just don't care, but they have no way to leverage your success. Proven Process and Systems allow you to accomplish exactly this.
If you would like to Maximize Your Savings and Minimize your Risk, only work with Certified MaxAvenue Agent who will use the Maximum Choice Home Buying System to help save you time and money.
A MaxAvenue Agent will help Find the Right Home at the Right Price.
NO other agent can offer you this.

If you would like to learn more click the link below, the difference is overwhelming.
http://www.maximumrealestatesystems.com/mestes/buy/

I hope this helps.
Deb Groom, Agent, Austin, TX
Tue Apr 17, 2012
There are some great areas in and around Austin. The answer depends greatly on your price range and whether or not you will be commuting to work.

Feel free to call, text or email if you would like to discuss this further. I know Austin and I love letting others in on the secret!

Deb Groom
Keller William Realty
512-825-6980
deb@whyliveinaustin.com
Sara Scott R…, , Cedar Park, TX
Tue Apr 17, 2012
Hi Kelly,

There are several good areas in Austin. I can help you narrow down your search in some of the good areas. Send me an email and we can discuss your particular wants and needs, such as schools, work proximity etc.

You can also view homes for sale in Austin on the link below.

I would love to help you find a new home in Austin. I look forward to hearing from you~

Sara Scott
512-578-8525
sara@homesbysara.net
Frankie Turn…, , Austin, TX
Tue Apr 17, 2012
Hi Kelly,

The best areas for you, would be the areas that fit your criteria, ammenity wishes and needs. Feel free to call me and we can narrow your criteria down and find the best neighborhood for you!

I am a Native Austinite and would love to show you the fantastic City of Austin!

Frankie Turner, Realtor
Evelyn Lanier Realty
512-415-2500
George Kount…, , Austin, TX
Tue Apr 17, 2012
Austin has a lot of great areas. Anything in Central Austin is great, but also comes at a premium. There are plenty of great areas other than just Central Austin. I would love to help you. Please call me if you have any other questions or would like to look at any property in Austin!

George Kountoupis
512 574 9100
gkountoupis@gmail.com