I'm looking at several homes for sale in Northridge. The homes I'm interested in are all approx

Asked by Em, 30809 Sun Mar 23, 2008

$130-$137/sqf range. I've noticed that recent home sales in Northridge are approx $115/sqf. Given the quality and extras are all equal, should I make an intial offer closer to the $115/sqf range?

Answers

9
Jennifer Neal, , Augusta, GA
Thu Jun 26, 2014
I would recommend you research the mandatory HOA dues in Northridge and other neighborhoods alike.
Having a real estate agent is key to finding this information out ahead of time.
BTW, I personally like the neighborhood but if $1400/yr is more than you are willing to pay then you may decide to look at other neighborhoods with comparable amenities and location.

I can also be reached for mortgage financing options and neighborhood analysis.
706-860-4200 direct lender
John T, Home Buyer, Augusta, GA
Sat Jun 5, 2010
Em,

$115 /sqf is too high for this market.

Northridge homes are nice, but too expensive.

Get below $100/sqf, the area average is mid 70s to mid 80s and prices are still declining.
Crystal Ande…, Agent, Appling, GA
Mon Apr 12, 2010
You need to consult a Real estate agent to advise you on the amount of the offer you should submit to the seller. It doesn't cost you anything to be represented by a real estate agent in the local area. Seek professional advice.
John T, Home Buyer, Augusta, GA
Fri Mar 19, 2010
Here we are almost two-years later. Well, we all know the story. A number of home owners have lost a lot of money in the subdivision.

This is a high-risk market and from all that I have been reading, it will continue to decline.
Brock Hughes, Agent, Augusta, GA
Wed Jun 25, 2008
You should speak with a Realtor that has knowledge of the Northridge/Evans area. Buyer's agency is free for you...seller pays the commission. Your Realtor will represent you, with your hopes and goals in mind.
John T, Home Buyer,
Tue Mar 25, 2008
LJ,

This is not a truthful statement:

"John T seems bound and determined to deter anyone from buying a home right now in the CSRA market."

If the price is right (near the historic mean) and your are going to live in the house for the long-term then it is a perfect time to buy a house in the Augusta area.

This market is overpriced (about 25-30% over the historic mean), has 12 months of inventory on the market (not including FSBOs), slow sales, and few buyers.

Please just be honest with everyone. It is clear that this market needs to find a bottom, so it can clear its excess inventory.

It is all about information, buyers you must do your homework on this market or risk a huge financial loss!

John T, Home Buyer,
Sun Mar 23, 2008
Some Northridge homes are listed for over $100K more than they were purchased for in 2005. Be careful!
John T, Home Buyer,
Sun Mar 23, 2008
Check out the website below for a better understanding of the Augusta, GA housing market.

Northridge has some nice homes, but the location is not overly impressive. Things are slow in this subdivision, builders are trying to rent brand new homes in this subdivision. That is not a sign of a healthy housing market!

David J. Cro…, Home Seller, Livermore, CA
Sun Mar 23, 2008
we should chat

510-706-4863 Dave C,

likely cheaper & quick yet painless access to bulk reo from sellers mandated confidentially kept liquidation minimum pricing w/ property coming directly from the lien holder in bulk #'s 10-20 mil minimum.