Home Buying in Murfreesboro>Question Details

Mover1, Home Buyer in Murfreesboro, TN

I'm looking at possibly buying a home soon in murfreesboro, since my husband just got a job there. I will be

Asked by Mover1, Murfreesboro, TN Sat Aug 1, 2009

working in Nashville. Can you recommend any good neighborhoods? I have also heard there is a new area of murfreesboro, where there is a lot of new construction going on. Can you please tell me where that would be?

Kevin’s answer
Unfortunately, I can't legally recommend one area over another however I can show you a number of different neighborhoods, in person and in my office on MLS, Multiple Listing Service, and we will access alot of public information available on these areas. Crime statistics, market trends, school zoning and testing results etc. are all acailable. You have to be the one comfortable with the choice and I will do everything I can to help you be comfortable. If you wouldn't mind providing me a price range and property needs I'll be happy to get started and would really like to meet with you here at the office to get acquainted. I'm conveniently located just off highway I-24 in Murfreesboro. You can contact me by phone at 615-477-8188 anytime.

Kevin O'Connell
Exit Realty Network
2656 Rideout Lane
Murfreesboro, TN 37128

I am not sure if you have your financing in place but it would be imperative that you get qualified prior to looking at homes with REALTORS. If you would like a consulation, please dont hesitate to give me call. My advice and reccomendations are free of charge.

Travis O. Smith, USMC
Mortgage Loan Consultant

7101 Executive Center Drive Suite 110
Brentwood, TN 37027
Tel: 615.498.3970
Off: 615.564.6336
Fax: 615.564.6402
Have been showing a number of different homebuyers in various price ranges near the Blackman area, new construction north of the new Medical Center Parkway, and some REOs on the east and west sides of town.

Back and forth to Nashville, you may love the convenience of the Blackman area (great schools too), Pricing, lot size, agae of build, and style of home will vary a bit depending on what you might prefer...

What are looking for in your next home here locally?

kevin pellatiro (615)714-7918 kpellatiro@realtracs.com http://signswemustobserve.blogspot.com/
There are several great neighborhoods. But your perfect area can best be found by asking the guestion: Does the neighborhood meet my most critical needs. List your critical needs by answering questions such as;

:- What monthly mortgage payment can we afford.
:- How much Square Feet do we need for our home.
:- What will be the driving times to each of our jobs.
:- Do/Will we have children during our stay at the next home. (School Characteristics).
:- Where are the nearest day care facilities. What reputation do they have.
:- How much acerage do we want.
:- Are we looking for 100% crime free areas.
:- Etc., Etc.

Now share these concerns with a Realtor. He/She will be able to guide you to
the neighborhood that more readily meets your needs. Most Home Sellers will have a
Realtor to represent their interest and get the home sold. I recommend you obtain a Buyer's
Agent to represent your interest. Predominately, this service is free, and worth way more than
the cost. Happy House Hunting.
Rutherford County, which is where Murfreesboro is located is the fastest growing county in Middle Tennessee. There is growth everywhere. Many new communities. Murfreesboro is truly a family oriented community. With that said, I would say that the Blackman area is really booming. The homes in that area range from about the 130's to around the 250's. The new mall is in that area and it's close to I24 for your commute to Nashville. There is also an area around New Salem Hwy where the homes go up in price to around the 400's. There are so many great communities here.