I'm looking at a listing for a junior/4 at 99-21 67th Road but the price is high at $247,000. Isn't that too high since the maintenance is

Asked by Whoisthis, Rego Park, Queens, NY Tue Jun 1, 2010

very high at over $1,000/month? The 1 bedroom units seem like a better deal going for under $200,000 with a little less maintenace per month. Feedback please?

Answers

4
Joseph Hastings’ answer
Joseph Hasti…, Agent, Bayside, NY
Sun Aug 15, 2010
I just noticed your post. I have just such a listing in the building and it is priced correctly. FYI, the maintenance includes gas and electric. Check my link for listing information. Feel free to contact me anytime. Good luck.

http://realestate.nytimes.com/sales/detail/399-2315355/99-21…
Gina Kanalis, , Nya, MN
Tue Jun 1, 2010
I'm a realtor fully familiar with the building you inquire about. I would recommend the 1 bedroom units as a better bargain than the junior four units, as they are almost identical in size. Oddly the 1 bedroom units there have more spacious livingrooms. The main difference is that j4 has a small room enclosed by a door, it is an actual room. The 1 bedroom units have the same space, but as an alcove without the door. Either way the space can be used as you please, and is more modern without the door. Many use that space for dining as the j4's don't have a dining space. For a difference of $50,000 I would suggest the 1 bedrooom unit.
Gina Kanalis, , Nya, MN
Tue Jun 1, 2010
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Tue Jun 1, 2010
In order to determine a fair price, you need to be aware of recently sold similar units in the immediate area--review the data and make a determination as to a fair offer--as for the maintenance, keep in mind that in some cases it may reflect assessments--you really need to review the complex's financials in order to make a determination--What is your agent and or attorney suggesting.