I'm looking at a ground floor condo. Besides possible flooding, are there any other pros/ cons?

Asked by Ryan, Metairie, LA Thu May 21, 2009

Ground floor condo

Answers

5
Dave Edwards, Agent, Greenville, SC
Thu May 21, 2009
You would want to consider the condo's restrictions, covenants, rules, etc. Probably low maintanence.
Melissa Stol…, , Hampton Cove, AL
Wed Jun 24, 2009
Hi Ryan,

Condos are a great option for busy on-go-folks who don't have the time or maybe the desire for lawn maintenance. The only downsides that I can think of would be the rules of sharing - shared parking (in some cases this isn't an issue at all), shared walls, & shared green space. Also if the exterior isn't maintained properly it can certainly affect your property values in a hurry. Overall, be an educated buyer by looking at the whole picture before buying. There are lots of great condos in the Huntsville / Madison area to choose from. Happy
Hunting!
Karen Harris…, Agent, Huntsville, AL
Sat Jun 20, 2009
Ryan, Ground floors are great rentals and hard to sell because of the flooding issues. But they are terrifice for rental income.
Vicki Lynn, Agent, Orange Beach, AL
Sat May 23, 2009
Ryan, You may be interested in the listing that I have. It is a ground floor unit. The price is awesome. I do have information about this unit and can tell you that the rentals are extremely good.
Stovall, , Orange Beach, AL
Thu May 21, 2009
Ryan,

You need to find out history of unit and complex.

How old complex if built after Ivan or before. I lived in Orange Beach and work the beach area everyday.

I would like to help you with your search.

Sheryl Stovall
Prudential Nichols Realty
251-978-9112