I'm interested in purchasing a property in either York, the Kennebunks, or Cape Elizabeth. Perhaps Yarmouth or Falmouth. I'm looking

Asked by John, California Thu Feb 25, 2010

for the following: good schools, safe community, good quality of life for children and adults, which would include plenty of access to activities for children. My children currently swim on a year-round swim team, and I would like to continue in addition to the potential to x-country skiing and a bicycling club. We obviously like Southern Maine because it's close proxmity to the wonderful beaches. Which community/s would be most welcoming to out-of-staters?

All and any advice would be helpful.

Answers

5
John Everest’s answer
John Everest, Agent, Saco, ME
Tue Feb 26, 2013
Hi John,
The Kennebunk's offer everything a young family could ask for, from it's award winning schools to it's proximity to the activities you have listed as well as many additional activities which are popular in Maine such as; walking and hiking marked trails, mountain climbing from beginner to pro, X-country and Downhill Skiing and snowboarding and numerous rivers to explore by canoe or kayak and many, many beaches to choose from. Kennebunk, The lower Village and Kennebunkport offer a vibrant night life and many local dining establishments for both family dining and/or an adults night out. It is one of the safest communities in Maine, all while offering close access to the turnpike and just 1.5 hours to Logan airport and downtown Boston . There is a welcoming committee specifically setup to welcome people from out of state, and helps new families establish and grow their roots their new community. Visit http://www.visitthekennebunks.com to read more about the community I elected to raise my young family and if you would would like to know more about properties in the area feel free to contact me at 207-467-1332 or email me at johneverest@masiello.com and visit my website at http://www.johneverest.masiello.com where you can search local properties for sale.

Good luck, I look forward to seeing you in the Kennebunks!

John
Laura Fleisc…, Agent, Hollis, ME
Wed Jan 5, 2011
John-
Did you ever find a home in Maine - let me know if I can be of service to you!
Carter McHym…, Agent, New York, NY
Wed Dec 29, 2010
Hi John,

I dont know if you have considered Manhattan but there are quite a few buildings with swimming pools that are open all year round and the schools are amazing. Let me know if you are interested and I can send you more information.

Warm regards and all the best in 2011.

Carter McHyman
Michelle Wil…, , Saco, ME
Wed Mar 3, 2010
Hi John,

You have a variety of choices in those areas, as they all have a lot to offer. I myself moved to Maine from out-of state and you will find that though there are some people that may have a sour taste in their mouth to "transplants"- it isn't any more then any other area you may move to. southern Maine is used to vacationers and people moving from out of state. Up in the northern parts of the state, may be a bit of a different story (but that is just what I have heard anyway.) I am a broker in Southern Maine, and I'd be happy to help you further. I would like to hear move about your specific search parameters, to assist you best. I have many years relocation experience, so I do understand what a huge undertaking this is. Please give me a call or email me sometime. I can be reached at 207-423-9796, or michellesellsme@gmail.com. Hope to talk to you soon.

Michelle
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Thu Feb 25, 2010
Keep in mind opinions are subjective--If you are not familiar with the areas, do visit more than once and at different times of day, look at everything that is of importance to you, possibly chat with the locals, etc.; as for the schools--what may be good for one may not necessarily be the case for another; why not visit the districts, tour the facilities, speak to the principal, teachers, etc.; as for the safety issue--your best source of information is the local police department; why not visit, ask all your questions and hear all there is to hear firsthand; then make a determination as to which area best reaches your level of comfort--you'll thank yourself later.