I'm interested in purchasing a house in Vallejo Ca. (Beverly Hills). I've negative things about the neighborhood. Any input please?

Asked by espiritu14, Daly City, CA Sun Feb 16, 2014

Answers

10
Lori Collins, Agent, Vallejo, CA
Sun Feb 16, 2014
The best way to figure out if you are going to like a particular neighborhood is to visit it several times at different times of the day and night and see what you think. When. You find a particular house you like then you can try visiting some of the neighbors and asking what their experience has been. And the last way is to check one of the many websites such as crimereports.com or going to the police station to get their input. As real estate agents we are not permitted to try to sway you one way or the other about any particular neighborhood.
Allen Egal S…, Agent, Concord, CA
Wed Apr 9, 2014
It is difficult to assess the Beverly Hills area of South Vallejo in a general way. I drive up and down Magazine St often and can tell you that there are certain pockets or streets that you may be more interested in living than others. It is not as homogenous as most folks would think.
Cindy Davis, Agent, San Diego, CA
Sun Feb 16, 2014
There are positives and negatives to everything in life, including real estate, homes and locations. Typically however, people are more vocal about negatives...so in essence, that's all you hear.

Forget what other people say about a neighborhood. Check it out yourself. Go there, collect hard facts, and judge it according to those variables that are most important to you.
Susan Cochran, Home Owner,
Mon Apr 28, 2014
I grew up in Vallejo & moved out of it when I was 18. My brother still lives there and I visit often. There are a few good neighborhoods. The Vista area northeast of Vallejo High School, Fairmont Gardens, Hiddenbrooke are nice older neighborhoods. You want to live in an older area with a lot of old folks or in the more expensive areas, less riff raff. Yes crime is still high in Vallejo. Check out Crimereports.com for crime reports. Personally, I wouldn't live anywhere in south Vallejo, but thats me. Housing prices are good in Vallejo compared to the rest of the bay area.
Tim Garton, Agent, Vallejo, CA
Mon Apr 21, 2014
Hi there, Interesting name it does have that's for sure, most homes in the area range between 150k to 185k with the sizes typically 2/1 or 3/1 around 1,000 sq ft of living space. There are schools and shopping nearby with easy freeway access. More demographics including the negatives are available on the web. It is a small world, my mother grew up there 60 years ago.
Pat Molinar-…, Agent, Benicia, CA
Wed Apr 9, 2014
Visit the neighborhood, check the crime reports, and talk with neighbors. The homeowners/tenants are your best source. It is always worth it to check for yourself!! Hope this helps YOU
Pat Molinar-…, Agent, Benicia, CA
Mon Mar 17, 2014
Always work with a local Realtor that knows the areas best! Check police logs, talk with neighbors! Visit the area at different times and days!
Martha.mukula, Home Buyer, Easton, PA
Sun Mar 16, 2014
It depends on where in Vallejo. Vallejo its a big city and with over a 100 thousand population. I just moved to Hiddenbrooke neighborhood and we forget so often to close our garage doors and doors, nothing to worry about really. People blow vallejo crime out of proportion. If you choose to live downtown vallejo, then yes, like many other big city downtown, crime is high. If you choose to live in hiddenbrooke, glencove and other nice neighborhoods outside downtown, you'll have nothing to worry about really. I was as scared as you before moving here. In hiddenbrooke, you have Dr's, lawyers, CFO's Nurses teachers, consultants, living here. Nothing to worry about!!!!
Lynne Reno, Home Owner, Reno, NV
Sat Mar 15, 2014
It's been many years since I've been through the area, it used to look kind of dumpy and run down but never had a particularly high crime rate, i.e. no wild west shoot outs in the street. Like most areas in Vallejo there are incidents of home and car burglaries, but that's not unique to Vallejo.
, ,
Mon Feb 17, 2014
Are you talking about the crime? You can always call a local precint or look on crimemapping.com and even trulia to find out about that.

Just email me if you have any other questions or concerns.

Alex Greer
Loan Officer

http://www.TheMortgageOutlet.com
408-352-5147
AGreer@TheMortgageOutlet.com