I'm interested in purchasing a HUD home through the Good Neighbor Next Door program. I understand the program and receive lists of properties

Asked by Mathmama, Austin, TX Wed Jan 6, 2010

from BidSelect...Southwest Alliance. However, I am not seeing any GNND homes in Austin. Why?

Answers

4
Perry Hender…, Agent, Austin, TX
Thu Jan 7, 2010
I just sold a property off bid select to my brother in law how is a fireman. It didn't qualify either for the gnnd. I'm told that very few do and that those homes are clearly labeled when that happens(labeled gnnd) on bid select.
Nate Andree, Agent, Appleton, WI
Wed Jan 6, 2010
Keep in mind rarely do homes go to gnnd or non profits. I just dont see them there. A few here and there but not many. Most will get lusted in the listing site for owner occupants first then they open it up to all bidders after 2-3 weeks

Nate in Appleton
Mathmama, Home Buyer, Austin, TX
Wed Jan 6, 2010
Hi Nate, and thanks for responding.

It has been 3 solid years since a home was listed for sale as a GNND home. However, there are at least 7 listings per week for the non-profit homes. I was under the impression that HUD homes were offered to the public as foreclosed, then offered as GNND's, and then to non-profits.

So, I see your point that they are not available...I just don't know why.
Do you know if foreclosed homes are offered to the public first, then as GNND's and then to non-profits?
Nate Andree, Agent, Appleton, WI
Wed Jan 6, 2010
Could it be that there are no GNND properties at this time? In my area we rarely see them come through this program and when they do they usually end up on the "normal" bidding page with the rest of the listings cause no one bought it through the GNND,

Nate in Appleton