Glenn, Home Buyer in Hicksville, NY

I'm interested in only one specific house and property!! From the aerial photos it's 74 cottekill road cottekill ny 12419

Asked by Glenn, Hicksville, NY Thu Aug 26, 2010

My dad owned this property and built a summer home on the land.
I believed that he purchased the property in 1953 - over the years he bulit a small ranch on the property--then sold everything about 1988.
I haven't been there in well over 20 years--now I'm retired myself and would be interested in moving to that exact spot (has a lot of good memories).
What are the yearly taxes there now?
I see that powerful electric lines now go across the property--are there any special rules that govern that part ot the land now?
Mail service never used to go directly to the house, has that changed? (we used to have a po box in Rosendale).
Without traveling up there, how can I find out if the present owner is willing to sell? and for how much?

Answers

4
Jeff Serouya, Agent, Stone Ridge, NY
Wed Mar 16, 2011
Glen, it seems that Barbara Korabel has answered your question perfectly. If you are not already working with an Agent local to Ulster County, you should consider making a few calls and finding a competent Agent with whom you will be comfortable. That Agent will be able to research the property, answer your questions, possibly negotiate a deal with your interests in mind, and guide you through the entire process. After being a weekender for many years, I finally made Ulster County my full-time home and love it here! If the specific property you are interested in is not available, there are many other properties that may be even better and may be worth looking into. If this property doesn't work , contact a Buyer's Agent who can help you find a similar property and start making your own memories!
Voices Member, , New Paltz, Ny 12561
Thu Aug 26, 2010
Glenn: Before all the realtors in Ulster County start tripping over each other to answer your question I would need to know if you are currently working with a realtor that would represent you as a buyer? If not then I would be honored to try and help you purchase this house, providing the current owners are willing to sell.

If you are agreeable to this arrangement then please give my office a call, which is open from 9AM to 9PM. The best time to actually chat would be after 6PM, since I am out at either a closing or helping another client .
That number is 845-255-0019.

I currently live nearby this property and I am a broker owner of EXiT To Green Realty. Look forward to hearing from you.
Theresa John…, Agent, Clearwater, FL
Thu Aug 26, 2010
For started google the website for the property appraiser. Once you are there search for the property by address. If you can not locate the property call the property appraisers office and ask them to assist you. Once you locate the property via the appraisers office it will tell you who the owner is and what the mailing address is (it may be different from the property address). Once you have the owners name and mailing address you can either send them a letter advising them of your interest. OR go to http://www.anywho.com and do a reverse look up by address. One other thing you can also do is go to the clerk of courts public records and look the info up that way and also determine if the owner has had a foreclosure filed against the property. If it were me... I would send a letter and follow up a week or so later with a phone call (allowing time for mail delivery). If you have additional questions please feel free to contact me and I will do what I can to help you. Best of luck!
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Thu Aug 26, 2010
Since no local answers yet--any local agent(s) can help you with any information you may want, contact any realty office(s) and inquire--or contact any local Trulia contributor(s) directly and ask--under the Find a Pro tab--or consider sending a quick note expressing your interest to possibly purchase to the address.