Daniel, Home Buyer in 94114

I'm interested in living in the presidio. Isn't that government land? How does that affect the purchase?

Asked by Daniel, 94114 Thu May 3, 2007

Presidio park near Cow Hollow.

Answers

3
Ken Glidewell, Agent, San Francisco, CA
Tue May 15, 2007
You can only lease space in the Presidio. They are not for sale and in many instances difficult to lease. Originally, one had to either be employed by the Presidio, be a service member or a student to qualify but I understand they have relaxed the guidelines somewhat. And they haven't been what I would call a bargain either.
simplenickel, Both Buyer And Seller, San Francisco, CA
Sun May 13, 2007
Hmm. I didn't even know you could purchase homes in the presidio. I'd love to hear more on this topic from a knowledgeable user. My guess is that they are land leases similar to state park homes (Typically you pay around a few grand per year for the lease, but I always worried for those homeowners should the government decide to take it back).
Web Reference:  http://www.flippingpad.com
Nathan, , San Francisco, CA
Thu Jun 14, 2007
it's true. you can only lease there (through the presidio trust, i believe google their website.), and the apartments are over-priced. this is especially true considering distance to amenities.
i work for the feds, and lived next to where the Lucas complex currently stands, and recall hating distance to anything other than marina-vibe. not my crowd, but even groceries necessitate transport (trader joe's is closest, i think).