thnkling, Home Buyer in Atlanta, GA

I'm interested in finding a mid century home (maybe a foreclosure if possible). But haven't such a hard time! Any tips?

Asked by thnkling, Atlanta, GA Sat Jan 25, 2014

I agree with Byron.

Do you like mid century modern ranches?

There are so few foreclosures compared to the amount we had years ago - I have 3-4 specific mid century searches already going with other clients, so call me and we can discuss the price, terms and timing of what you intend to purchase, how you intend to purchase it, when you intend to purchase it by and we can even discuss the good, bad and the ugly of renovations, renovation loans and ownership.

1. drive Northcrest in Doraville today and see some open houses

2. subscribe to Atomic Ranch and Dwell magazines

3. watch Mad Men and Brady Bunch reruns for stylistic ideas

4. Join DOCOMOMO Atlanta

5. Click on the web reference link below and check out the mid century search I just set up for you - I used very broad price ($150000-500000) and wide geographic parameters, the age range from 1945-1979, and set the filter for foreclosures only...

The search yielded two houses - one in Norcross and one in Tucker

Last tip - call me.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jan 26, 2014
A few obvious questions:

1. Why foreclosure if possible? They are sucker bets and most of them have been moved. I've been appraising for FNMA since the bust - simply put, many of these are disgusting. And this just in - paint and carpet isn't always the answer - http://hankmillerteam.com/category/foreclosure-videos/

2. Actually 1A - you're not going to save a dime with a foreclosure - you will pay at or over market

3. Define success - what, where, how much, when......and most important - WHO. If you get a dud agent you will lose money.

Here's my tip - call Lee Taylor and put him to work for you. Lee is my go to in Atlanta and as miserable and pragmatic as I am that is saying a lot.
Web Reference: http://www.hmtatlanta.com
One love Hank, one love.
Flag Wed Jan 29, 2014
Byron is right! As realtors and consultants, we have access to many people who specialize, systems and neighborhoods in finding unique requests. Also, foreclosures are at an all time low here, therefore, do not get your hopes up on this. You will have to be 'ready' to act quickly on foreclosures as you will be competing with the investor's pool of buyers who have cash.

If we can help in anyway, contact Susan at 678-495-1878 with Keller Williams and Home Deals By Susan.

Best of luck.
Sometimes you have to work with an experienced agent such as myself. When you are ready to find that ideal property you are looking for feel free to reach out to me.

Continued Success,

Byron Weston
Easy Street Realty