jen180823, Home Buyer in Houston, TX

I'm interested in buying a house in Eldridge Park in 77041.

Asked by jen180823, Houston, TX Fri Aug 16, 2013

But i was told the older houses there (before 1998) were built by reputable builders and those built in/after 1999 were not. Can anybody give more information? i.e. what does that entail? Appreciate if anybody can help me to find a quality built house to buy in that area. I mean the building quality not the renovations/upgrades.

Answers

7
Jen,

I live in Memorial I am now a Real Estate Agent working for Buyers, and I have sold for years and Built for Clients their New Construction Homes for Different Builders all over Houston and yes the
and help you and go through the showing you different homes and help you with construction of one over the other.

Please call me and we can go and view properties together.

Narda Temple
713-851-2069
narda@nardatemple.com
What you have here is a situation where the newer homes have been built by "mass market" companies, whereas the older ones were constructed by "semi-custom" builders. All homes under the aegis of the City of Houston must meet minimum building codes ... some outfits barely comply; others go above and beyond, and it's reflected in the price. What I suggest you do is to visit developments where Ryland and Pulte are actively building, and speak with homeowners ... they'll be glad to tell you about the good, the bad, and the ugly. Personally, I'm not fond of either product, and would rather pay a bit more for a home that doesn't look like everyone else's ... but that's just me. I wish you well.

Regards ...

Al Geffon
Trend Setter Realty
(713) 213-6350
al@geffon.net
Web Reference: http://www.har.com/algeffon
Prior to 1998 Ashton, Weekly and Newmark appear to have been developing Eldridge Park. I found one sale in the past year that was built by Amresco Builders Group which I have not heard of. Then beginning in 1998-2000 I start seeing Ryland and Pulte builders. I would not describe these builders as disreputable. They are solid builders in my opinion with various product lines that range in design, upgrades and price depending on the neighborhood they are catering to. Typically Ashton, Weekly and Newmark will have a higher price point than Ryland and Pulte, but keep in mind innovations, design and energy features in the homes built in 1999 will be more advanced than in 1993. My advice is to find a home in the neighborhood you like and have the home inspected. If you are not currently working with a realtor give me a call and we can discuss your goals and how I can be of service.

Margie
Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate Gary Greene
Jen, That is exciting you are considering purchasing a home at Eldridge Park. It is a very nice area and easy access to I-10 and Beltway are highly desirable. A lot of people who work in the oil and gas business like the neighborhood. Houses also go fast when they go for sale.

It seems your concern has to do more with a recognize builder that the safety of the home or quality. Remember all new and exiting homes have to pass an inspection process which I highly recommend. If any safety issues are flag during the inspection, those area immediately address with the seller. Cosmetic items such as paint for example will probably not be part of the discussion during the negotiation.

If you have a particular builder in mind you like, the best is to research the builder or ask friends that may have purchase directly from the builder to determine their experience, easy to file warranty claims, communication, quality, etc. You will like the area but if you should have additional questions, let us know how we can help.

I am familiar with Eldridge Park lived in the area for years. Is there a particular property you will need more info on.

Feel free to contact me Realtor: Cheryl Castillo
832-421-4662
Hi Jen,

I can help you find a well built home in the Eldridge Park area. There are some builders that I rank as A+ and others that I advise my clients to stay away from. The best way for you to determine whether or not something is good quality is to look at homes from a few builders and to decide for yourself. The good news is that there is a lot of availability of both newer and older homes in 77041 at varying price range. If you would like to discuss your options, feel free to give me a call at 832.978.1408. To see a list of a few options, email me at brandi@yourblvd.com. I'd be happy to help you find something in 77041 that is of high quality and will be functional for you and your family.