I'm interested in buying a beachfront home somewhere between Dover and Broadkill on the Delaware Bay. Is the water swimmable?

Asked by anbrowndc, Washington, DC Mon Aug 6, 2012

Answers

6
Harry Wooding, Agent, Wilmington, DE
Tue Aug 7, 2012
I have lived in Broadkill for over 20 years. The water is safe and clean in all the northern beaches never a beach closing and tested regularly by the state...the northern beaches are a great place to enjoy the beach.
S. Walton Si…, Agent, Christiana, DE
Wed Dec 10, 2014
Not the best for swimming .

Walt Simpson, Realtor
KW
Harry Wooding, Agent, Wilmington, DE
Wed Jan 30, 2013
Yes the water is swimmable in all the beaches. I have lived in Broadkill for tweny + years. The further north you get the less sandy the bottom....the water is still clean and safe to swim in. The bottom becomes more like a river bottom then a sandy bottom north of Slaughter starting in the northern part of slaughter beach
James Olson, Agent, Dover, DE
Tue Jan 29, 2013
Not the most desirable for swimming, nice for views and fishing, The further south you go the water get's batter but the prices go up quick. Hope this helps.
Victoria Hud…, Agent, Dover, DE
Thu Aug 9, 2012
if you are looking to buy a home next to swimmable water, you should start in Lewes... between Dover and Broadkill is nice for fishing, not for swimming.
Thanks! I was concerned that was part of why the prices get better as you go north.
Flag Thu Aug 9, 2012
Ron & Sandy…, , Dover, DE
Tue Aug 7, 2012
The answer is yes. Dover is only 45 miles north of Rehoboth Beach, a very busy beach, and Broadkill Beach is about 17 miles north of Rehoboth. Please give me a call at 302-346-2729 or email me at Ron@WeSellDelawareHomes.com.
Thanks for answer. My question is not about driving to a public beach, my question is whether the water from my property would be swimmable. Or too cold? Too silty? Too muddy? Too many jellyfish?
Flag Tue Aug 7, 2012