I'm interested in a house on the edge of Pennsport (19xx s 4th).

Asked by Ian, Oklahoma Wed Mar 19, 2008

Does the supposed popularity of up and coming Pennsport spread to all blocks eventually? This house 1860 sqft, but priced a little high for the condition (94/ sqft), and on a very average block.

Answers

3
Chris & Step…, Agent, Philadelphia, PA
Wed Mar 19, 2008
With development and re-development the popularity as well as real esate values does spread as neighborhoods change and improve for the better. With the market slow right now, there is not too much spreading and speculation is lower. However, when things pick back up all of the fringe areas in my opinion will appreciate more than the more established areas. Still, it will come down to your personal goals as far as the property is concerned. It is a great time to have a good deal negotiated for both price and terms. For more helpful hints, see my website below. good luck !
Web Reference:  http://www.thesomersteam.com
Gwenn Silver…, Agent, Philadelphia, PA
Fri Mar 25, 2011
I lived in Pennsport and I will tell you now that Pennsport is not just up and coming, it is there! I paid $55,000 for my home and sold it for close to $200,000 five years ago. My block wasn't the best either. When you say does it spread, yes I believe it does.
Edmund Choi, Agent, Paoli, PA
Wed Mar 19, 2008
I've sold several properties in Pennsport and 1908 S 4th is reasonably priced. However, don't let my comment dissuade you from negotiating. If you're interested in discussing this matter in further detail, do not hesitate in contacting me directly through this forum.