I'm in the process of trying to buy a HUD home. There's a gas leak. I need to have all the utilities turned

Asked by Donna, 44134 Thu Aug 7, 2008

on in order to get the loan from the bank. HUD homes are sold as is, and by contract, I'm not allowed to just go in there and fix it. Is any way to legally get the gas situation handled, so I can get my house/loan???

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


David M. Chi…, Agent, Uniontown, OH
Fri Aug 8, 2008
HUD will turn the utilities on and get them working for you. There is a request form for this. Your Realtor should be handling this for you. As is, does not mean an unlivable home and banks consider them unlivable without a functional mechanical system.
Web Reference:  http://www.liveinakron.com
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more