Home Buying in Dallas>Question Details

DFW C.J., Home Buyer in 75228

I'm in the US on a H1B visa. I've been here for 6 years already (I have credit score). Is it possible to buy a house?

Asked by DFW C.J., 75228 Wed Apr 4, 2012

Good afternoon,

I'm on a H1B visa, I-140 approved (PD 2010). I'd like to buy a home but I've talked with a couple of real estate agents and they haven't been able to find a broker to even consider me because I still don't have a GC. Is it that complicated? I'd like to buy now that the market is still slow.

Any help would be appreciated!

Help the community by answering this question:


Yes you can buy a home and still do it with minimal documentation on the H1B visa. Go to http://www.HomeLoansInDFW.com or call me to discuss...number on website. I do these loans all the time and just closed 2 last week.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Apr 5, 2012
Watch out the guy named Ricard - EI Bey.
He is a fraud. He cannot get you any loan at all. What he does is cheat your money for appraisal which he will never done. Once if he got the money, he will not answer your phone or email anymore. You can search at Georgia License website, he does not have license at all. Just a fraud.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Feb 4, 2015
You can buy a home eventhough you are not a GC holder. Are you paying with cash or do you need a loan? Let me know if you are still looking for a home, I dealt with a lot of non US clients, and be happy to assist you.

Susie Kay, Realtor®
United Real Estate
III Lincoln Centre, 5430 LBJ Freeway #280
Dallas, TX 78240


Servicing your real estate need is my priority!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 16, 2013
If you are still in the market for a home I work with a group of people who specialize in helping foreign investors. Give me a shout.

Web Reference: http://ToddHomesForSale.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Oct 15, 2013
Foreign National Loans

Borrowers using TIN Okay
Borrowers with NO CREDIT SCORE
Borrowers with NO SSN
Foreign Nationals {Expatriate}- NO PASSPORT {Must have valid work visa or 30% Down}
70% LTV Purchases
65% LTV Rate & Term Refinance
50% LTV Cash Out {Possible higher if financials are up to par}
Multiple properties OKAY
Corporation purchasing and refinancing OKAY

Richard- El Bey
Avarice Investments
(706) 399-7813 cell
(678) 752-8062 Office
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Oct 14, 2013
If you have money you can buy a house.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Apr 13, 2012
Let me know if you need help.
I've helped many other H1B visa holders and all kind of other visas.
Typically there is no GC requirement that I have seen.

Some lenders might turn you down, but give me a call or send me an email if you need help.

We'll help you get prequalified for a loan if we can and then help get you in a home.

We help lots and lots of international buyers from all over the world.....Poland, Germany, Cambodia, Columbia, Mexico, and plenty of other places.

Bruce Lynn
Keller Williams Realty
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Apr 13, 2012
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
I assume your problem is with financing.

Typically, this is not a problem with proper documentation, although in many cases minimal down payment is not possible. You just need to find someone who is experienced with that type of transaction.
Web Reference: http://www.SumnerRealty.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 4, 2012
If you have the credit and can provide the information necessary to the lender there should not be an issue in you buying a home. Should you need more information please call me would love to help you.
Mary OKeefe
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
214 882 0082
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 4, 2012
You shouldn't have any issue as long as you can provide proper documentation - Please give me a call so we can discuss further.

Best regards,

Andrea Brooks
Keller Williams
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 4, 2012
Hi. Anyone can buy real estate in the U.S., regardless of immigration status. Foreign investors are one of the largest groups of real estate investors on the west coast. I'm not sure where you live or what brokerages those agents were affiliated with, but I'd be happy to refer you to an agent in your area. Just let me know where you are and what you're looking for.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 4, 2012
Dear Friend,

You talked with the wrong person, call/email me, I will guide you through the whole process. There are still lenders out there who does loan for the H1 and since your I-140 is approved, it is even better. Your H1B visa need to be valid though and we need a letter from your work, that's all. Thanks again, Rahman

Faizur Rahman, Ph.D.
Real Estate (Realtor) and Mortgage Broker/Owner
Bengal Brokerage LLC and DBA Bengal Mortgage
2070 W Spring Creek Pkwy, Suite #314, Plano, TX, 75023
Phone: (469) 766-4015, Fax: (214) 764-4047
NMLS ID: 351183
TREC ID: 0573317
Web Reference: http://bengalbroker.com/
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 4, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer