I'm considering relocating my family from Phila. to Decatur, also looking at Lithonia.

Asked by Miriam, Philadelphia, PA Fri May 30, 2008

Where should I look for reputable mortgage brokers and agents? What is the housing market like in those areas? I'm also a small business owner (intimate apparel), are there many retail spaces available in or surrounding these areas?

Answers

8
Maria Copela…, Both Buyer And Seller, Decatur, GA
Wed Jun 25, 2008
As a former resident of Bala Cynwyd, I urge you to reconsider the move to Decatur. We had lived near Agnes Scott & the Decatur Square for five years now. I would never, ever, leave Philadelphia if given a second chance.
Melissa Grig…, Agent, Conyers, GA
Mon Jun 23, 2008
Miriam,

You may want to go a little further out into Henry County, Rockdale or even Gwinnett Counties. All three of these areas have booming retail areas.

melissa_griggs@kw.com
SANDY MARTIN, , Atlanta, GA
Sat Jun 21, 2008
Hi Miriam:

My name is Sandy Martin. I am a real estate agent with Solid Source Realty, one of the largest and fastest growing company in ATlanta! I have been licensed since 1985 here in Atlanta, lived in Decatur since 1985 and has specialized in Decatur/Dekalb County since then, in fact, I am VERY experienced in selling real estate in the area in which you are interested. Please feel free to call me at 404-284-3997 or email me at martinsandy@comcast.net. If you send me an email address, i will be more than happy to forward properties for your review. Have a great day!
Latasha Hemp…, , Stone Mountain, GA
Tue Jun 17, 2008
Hi Miriam,
I'm an agent here in the Metro Atlanta area. I will be happy to offer the services of my company to accomodate you and your family. My email address is latasha.hemphill@metrobrokers.com. You can also contact me at 678-587-4402
Njeri Mungai, , Atlanta, GA
Mon Jun 9, 2008
Hello Miriam,

I am a Real Estate Agent in Georgia and I would love to assist you. please call or email me with the specifications and we can get the ball rolling. Njeri Mungai 404 435-6534 njerimungai@solidsourcerealty.com. Thank you.
Jen and Mark…, Agent, Holmes Beach, FL
Sun Jun 8, 2008
I live and work in Decatur. The market is great for buyers and moving forward. There is plenty of retail available. You might also consider a live/work loft environment where your shop would be downstairs from your home with a store front on street level. I'm thinking of Kirkwood in Atlanta, minutes from Decatur. Reputable lenders and agents are often found by word of mouth. Talk to several and see who you feel comfortable with. A good agent will usually be able to recommend several mortgage lenders that are good. I'd love to assist you.
Let me know if I can help.
Jennifer Bowman
Success Realty
404-456-5024
Web Reference:  http://www.JenBowman.com
Zaritza Sanc…, , Tucker, GA
Wed Jun 4, 2008
I raised my children in Decatur, so I am partial to City of Decatur Schools. I am a real estate agent/realtor and have lived in DeKalb County for 23 yrs. and continue to love it. I am glad my children grew up there, great schools. Decatur is a suburb near everything including downtown Atlanta. Retail space is avalable in downtown Decatur, which is also a Wi-Fi city. Another nearby suburb is Tucker, still in DeKalb County, also retail space available. These two cities/suburbs are within 10 minutes from each other. If you have more questons, feel free to contact me at harriszs@comcast.net
Cacilla Gree…, Home Seller, Ellenwood, GA
Fri May 30, 2008
My home is on the market. I'm relocating to be with family. It is 3800 sq.ft finished with an unfinished basement additional 1500 sq.ft. There are lots of retail spaces available where I am. My house is in Ellenwood between Decatur and Lithonia, good schools, great neighbors!!! You can email me at cacilla1@aol.com for pictures or specs.