I'm closing on a house that I own with my ex boyfriend. He's refinancing it in his name. How much will my score raise after this loan is closed?

Asked by Kim Delaigle, Hideaway, TX Mon May 6, 2013

Answers

2
Sean Buell, Agent, Placentia, CA
Mon May 6, 2013
Hi Kim-

Thanks for asking. Unfortunately it is not a question that can be given a cut and dry answer.

Typically your credit score will drop initially (because it represents a substantial change in your credit and the scoring companies seem to prefer predictability rather than lower balances). Then after a few months of on-time payments of all your other bills, your score will gradually increase. Nobody can say with accuracy how much your score will go up because we don't have access to the rest of your credit history (which will affect the weight of the removed loan on your overall credit picture).

A VERY GENERAL guess would estimate your score increasing by about 40 points in the next four to six months. Sorry, but that's the best I can do without a full analysis of your situation.

Sean Buell
Coldwell Banker Beachside
North Orange County California
Rochelle Cha…, Agent, Mission Viejo, CA
Mon May 6, 2013
It might take a couple of months to see any changes in your credit score. Not sure how many points it will go up.
Rochelle Chacon