Home Buying in Charlotte>Question Details

mostiman, Home Buyer in Charlotte, NC

I'm buying a new home in concord NC, and I want to know the closing cost

Asked by mostiman, Charlotte, NC Fri Mar 15, 2013

I would like to know all the cost related to the purchase if I'm paying cash, no financing and who will pay for all these things including attorney, and other stuff that must be done such as inspection, evaluation, tests??? Pleae help

Unspecified’s answer
I can answer your buyer purchase financing & loan related cost questions. I'm a seasoned Sr. Mortgage Loan Originator, expereinced with FHA, VA, USDA, DPA Financing, Conventional & Renovation Financing for purchases & refinances Nationwide. PrimeLending is a national lender, I work nationwide and currently financing several purchases in N Carolina. Give me a call (512) 592-2230 or email pcummings@primelending.com anytime. You can also securely apply on line at https://lo.primelending.com/pcummings

Pamela L Cummings
NMLS 913733
Sr Loan Originator

PrimeLending, A PlainsCapital Company
3600B N Capital of Texas Hwy #220
Austin TX 78746

Congratulations on buying a house. There are always going to be related costs ot the purchase of a home regardless if you are financing the house or paying cash. The attoeny is going to charge you a fee associated with the closing of the property. part of the fee that the attorney will charge you includes them doing a title search on the property and ensuring youo are receivng a clear and clean title from the builder for the house and the land.

You will also have a recodring fee to the courthouse to record the deed in your name. In addition you are responsible for any insepctions you are doing ot the property form a home insepction to a radon inspection, and a termite inspection. If you request a survey this is somethgn you would be resposnible for as well.

Some fo this may be included in any closing costs you are receivng from the seller if you negotiated them at the time of the transaction. Also your buyer's agent would be guiding you along the right path to take in terms of what inspections to order and giving you recommendations on different inspectors and attorneys....

generally you are looking at around $1000.00 for the attorney and the title insurance. Inspections vasry depending ont he size fo the house and who is doing them from a few hundred dollars and up. a survey would run you around $450.00 and so on....if you are getting all the inspections and a survey you can be looking around $2000.00 +

I hope you had representation when buying the house. A buyer's agent is out to protect your interest and not the sellers....and it does not cost you anything.

Dave diCecco
Coldwell banker United
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Mar 15, 2013
Good afternoon, Mostiman:
For a summary of Charlotte area closing costs, see the Trulia Real Estate Blog: What are typical buyer Closing Costs? Generally, fees imposed by government and regulatory agencies including owners associations, are non-negotiable. Fees from service providers can be negotiated, but many companies have policies that control when and how much negotiation can be achieved. Working with a full time professional who is familiar with the details of financing and purchases will help a buyer achieve the optimal purchase structure. If you appreciate an answer, please give "thumbs up". For the most helpful answer, please say thanks with a "best answer" click.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Mar 15, 2013
Unless your contract says the Seller is contributing to your closing costs it's all on you.
The title company should be able to give you an estimate.
you are responsible for your closing attorney, insepctions etc unless the builder has offered as an enticment to cover the clsoing attorney fee. YOu would ordinarily pick a closing attorney and they would be the ones to give you the best estimate. For a cash transaction with inspections, attorney, filing fees, survey etc I' would tell you to estimate roughly $1500+/-
Hi Mostiman!

I assume you are purchasing without a Buyer's Agent? You really should retain one for this very reason so you can be guided on your Purchase and have your interests represented. Inspections, etc are a Buyer's expense as you are verifying or doing the Due Diligence on whether or not you want to purchase the property. The fees to close the sale (Attorney, title search, title insurance,etc) are also Buyer's Expense. You will also be responsible for your pro-rata share of taxes and HOA Dues, if any.

Do you already have a signed Contract? Your Closing Attorney can do a Pre-Hud on the Closing Fees.

If you have further questions, please let me know how I can help.

Debra M. Buck
HM Properties
704.421.2107 Cell