I'm an international student in NY, currently in OPT (Optional Practical Training) period,29 year-old. Can I own a house in the US? paid by cash?

Asked by Hoa, 13210 Thu Jun 9, 2011

Answers

8
Aleksandr Chernovolenko’s answer
Aleksandr Ch…, Agent, Staten Island, NY
Thu Jun 9, 2011
If it will be transfer than it is okay. You parents can buy you the property. This money will come from other bank so you don't have to tell what is the source. If you need help let me know I will check with the lawyer. Feel free to call with any question 917 755 3122
Leslie Watki…, Agent, Fayetteville, NY
Thu Jun 9, 2011
Owining a home will not help with your visa status. The money can be transferred with out any issues....I am a local agent in Syracuse and would be happy to help you out.
Rohan Chetoo…, , New York
Thu Jun 9, 2011
Yes anyone can buy a house in the United States for cash,no problem with that.
Aleksandr Ch…, Agent, Staten Island, NY
Thu Jun 9, 2011
It is okay to own the property. When you said cash I hope you mean in the bank account . Otherwise if you have under the matress it may be a problem.
Hoa, Home Buyer, 13210
Thu Jun 9, 2011
By the way, do I need to verify the cash source? My parents transfer it to me from home country.
Hoa, Home Buyer, 13210
Thu Jun 9, 2011
Thanks all. However, in my case, I'm just graduated, in OPT period for 1 year and haven't found a job yet thus I don't know about my F1 visa status after 1 year. Is it still fine to own a house? If I own the house, will it help anything for my visa status?
Martina Ryan, Agent, Bayside, NY
Thu Jun 9, 2011
Absolutely! Cash is King. There are many foreign nationals who own property in the US.
Leslie Watki…, Agent, Fayetteville, NY
Thu Jun 9, 2011
Yes, there is no issue with that if you are paying cash.