I'm an international PhD student (F1 visa). I want buy a condo near University of Pennsylvania. Maybe around 150K and I can down pay around 70K.

Asked by wuyangjack1991, Philadelphia, PA Fri Feb 7, 2014

I am staying here for around 4 years and will be working in US after graduation. My credit score is around 700. My monthly salary is around 2100. I want to know if there is any chance I can get a mortgage for buying the condo? Thanks.

Answers

10
Tamara El-Me…, Agent, Philadelphia, PA
Sun Mar 9, 2014
Hi Wuyang,
Thank you for your inquiry through Trulia. Regarding your question, I would suggest that you try your local bank first to see if you qualify, more specifically the bank for which is holding your savings. Most times, lenders want to see that you have at least 2 years in employment history. You may need a co-signer if this is not the case. Feel free to give me a call, of course I have lenders for which can consider your situation for free. Call me directly at 215-919-1101 to discuss this further.
Enjoy your day!

Tamara EL-Mekki
Your Friend in Real Estate
Bringing Buyers and Sellers Together
215-919-1101
text ok :-)
contact me Now!
Check out your new home
telmekki@kw.com
Keller Williams Real Estate - Tri County
Kenyatta Wil…, Agent, Springfield, PA
Tue Feb 18, 2014
Hello. I have relationships with loan officers who would be happy to assist in the process of obtaining a mortgage. On the surface this information sounds like you would be a good candidate for a mortgage. There are some secondary questions myself and my associates would need answered. Feel free to give me a call at (267)255-3304. My name is Kenyatta Williamson and I have assisted others in similar situations. I look forward to helping you.
Jonea Price, Agent, Philadelphia, PA
Sun Feb 9, 2014
Greetings! I would be glad to assist you.There are many options available to you. I'd love to schedule a time to discuss them with you.

Don't hesitate to contact me with any questions. Thanks!

--
Jo Price
Keller Williams Realty Group
215.910.5411
Jo@MyPhiladelphiaAgent.com

http://www.MyPhiladelphiaAgent.com
Philip J. Cu…, Agent, Feasterville, PA
Sat Feb 8, 2014
One or two bedrooms call 267-934-1971 Philip J. Cunningham Sr.
Market Force Realty
801 W. Street Rd
Feasterville, PA 19153
866-993-8585
267-934-1971
PhilCunningham2004@yahoo.com
Web Reference:  http://www.GreatPaRE
Dennis Conwe…, , Philadelphia, PA
Sat Feb 8, 2014
As previously stated the first step is to contact a lender Trident Mortgage co. 215-627-6005 to be pre qualified and to determine what you may have to do as far as documentation
Once you have done that you can call me at 215-272-0360 and we can discuss price and what exactly you are looking for

Best Always,
Dennis Conwell
Accredited Buyers Representative
Berkshire Hathaway Home Services
FoxRoach Realtors
215-440-2085 Office
215-272-0360 Cell
Hannah Angert, Agent, PHILADELPHIA, PA
Sat Feb 8, 2014
From the information you've provided, it sounds like a strong possibility with about 6 months advance planning to best meet your goals. It's important to have a quality loan officer and experienced Realtor cooperating to support you. I can make this easy!

150k will buy you a small condo, possibly an efficiency. Under 1000 sf. If you need something larger, you'll need to bump up your price. Consider what kind of commute you can live with and spread your search accordingly.

No one knows Philly like I do. Let le welcome you to my City!

Hannah Angert, Wm Festa Realty
Angert215@gmail.com
Evette Aceve…, Agent, Philadelphia, PA
Fri Feb 7, 2014
Sounds like you're making great plans to secure your future and property ownership is on the horizon. With the information provided, I'm certain a lender can provide you with a mortgage. I assume you have not interviewed any mortgage originators, yet. I'll be happy to provide you with a few recommendations. Give me a call & we can also schedule your free buyers consultation to review the home buying process.

Evette Acevedo, Realtor
Keller Williams Center City Philadelphia
1619 Walnut Street, 5th Floor
Philadelphia PA 19103

Mobile: 215.995.5198
Email: evettem.acevedo@gmail.com
Fiona Hew-wi…, Agent, Philadelphia, PA
Fri Feb 7, 2014
There are a variety of mortgage lenders and programs out there. I would be happy to refer you to a few lenders so that you may get more information. My number is 610-348-1851. Look forward to speaking with you!
Don Sherman, Agent, Philadelphia, PA
Fri Feb 7, 2014
Good evening ;
With the information provided, you will be able purchase the condo.
The first phase in the purchase is to speak with a Realtor to discuss the buying process and to obtain a mortgage pre-approval. I will be happy to speak with you. Through our conversation, you will be able to get a feel if you will be comfortable working with me toward the purchase and can also connect you with the primary loan officer I have used for the past 16 years.He is very good and will make sure all details are covered before we go out to see the condos.
I look forward to our chance to speak.
Don Sherman
Century 21 Advantage Gold
Cellphone -267-716-8228
Email-realtor94@gmail.com
Justen Greis…, Agent, Philadelphia, PA
Fri Feb 7, 2014
Please feel free to call me or visit my site. Freshquarters.com, I work with Grad students often and know the area well. Call anytime

Justen Greising
CITYSPACE
215.873.7743