I'm an Army Surgeon relocating to Ft Riley in June. Where should we live?

Asked by Byron Faler, Washington, DC Sun Mar 23, 2008

We will definitely be there 2 years, maybe 3. In this market, we really lean towards renting. What areas should we consider. Definitely want a 2000 sf home. Will we be able to find anything nice close to base?

Answers

2
Wilsonsuz48, , Milford, KS
Sun May 1, 2011
I am kind of late answering this, but it pretty much depends on what you like to do. My advise would be look in the country. Milford Lake is a wonderful area. There are a lot of homes, reasonably priced. Access to Ft Riley is close and easy. Please do not discount the area, it has a lot to offer. I used to live there and worked at Ft Riley. I really miss it
John Summers, Agent, Junction City, KS
Wed Mar 26, 2008
You should evaluate your needs, wants and desires, perform your due diligence, make a fact filled decision. Visit the area, schools, recreation, talk to the medical community, listen to those that actually reside in the area. I live in Junction City and naturally consider it the primary choice. You can definately find reasonable priced housing close to Ft. Riley.