I'm a 22 yr old student with fair credit (661) and decent income - what kind of loan options are out there for me?

Asked by BaskinsGrl, Nanticoke, PA Fri Jul 6, 2012

I'm a 22 yr old student with fair credit (661) and decent income - what kind of loan options are out there for me? I'm ready to settle down and get of the renting wagon and between my fiance and I, our monthly income before taxes averages about $4800. His credit is a little poor (528/565) but mine is decent. We haven't saved any money yet as we just started talking about buying, also. So what are our options? Is there any specifics types of loans that we would be guarenteed for approval? We want to buy a house under $85000.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

Answers

2
Michele Hopk…, Agent, Plains, PA
Sun Feb 17, 2013
You would probably be eligible for an FHA loan. It requires 3 1/2% down. There is also help with closing costs. If your serious about buying a home call me at 570 540-6046. I have a nice listing in Nanticoke but I think it would be out of the price range you would like but there are other nice houses.
Michele
Ceyerra10, , Nanticoke, PA
Tue Jul 24, 2012
good luck in your search...im kind of in the same boat.Right now i don't have all that much money to put down on a house and we've talked to some realtors and they told us you need atleast 2-3,000 dollers down for a payment...also it counts by what year the house was buit...we found a nice place for 29,000 but since it was built in 1972 the lady said it would be hard to find a bank to finance a mortage for that so they wanted the 29,000 up front
I'm a Realtor in your area I think I know a lender that might be able to go that low. If interested call me 570 540-6046.
Michele
Flag Sun Feb 17, 2013