I'm a very poor senior citizen who has been homeless for far too long. I've given up hope of buying a $20,000 house with a mortgage because

Asked by Mr. Rodd, Pensacola, FL Sat May 31, 2014

the closing costs were going to be over $2,700. so now I've found a house for $6,000. What closing costs do I ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO PAY FOR, if I pay cash?

Answers

2
Stefanie Cir…, Agent, Jacksonille, FL
Sun Jun 15, 2014
I always advice to do an home inspection, but it is not mandatory. The price for it depends on the size of the property.
But you'll have to pay taxes, and they'll be prorated depending on the closing date.
The title insurance will be paid by the seller, but there are always fees that I like to estimate around $100 to $150.
Michael Jose…, Home Owner, Gulf Breeze, FL
Tue Jun 10, 2014
I'm sorry you are in this situation and can't understand why any of these agents couldn't give you an answer. I think it's sad that these agents are not willing to help someone elderly who is trying to get off the streets.
Found this on a different threat from an agent about costs with all cash purchase in FL. : You will need to pay for your owners title insurance policy (1x) which will very on the amount of the purchase but if you plan on $400 - $500 you'll be close. There will be some filing fees $130 - $170. Other expenses will include a deposit for your electric to be turned on. This could be $150 or more if you have never had a local account. If you will be in an area that you a charged for water and sewer then the utility co. will want a deposit also. Also the inspection if you want to have it could run 250. He didn't list anything and I can't say this is accurate, it's approx. Figured I'd share his answer since no one seems to care to help you out.
Flag Tue Jun 10, 2014