Hayes, Home Buyer in Lexington, SC

I'm a first time home buyer and found a home I'm interested in a USDA eligible area. How long do USDA loans take to close?

Asked by Hayes, Lexington, SC Sat Jan 11, 2014

Does anyone know a good lender who specializes in USDA?

Answers

5
Duane Salter, Agent, Columbia, SC
Mon Jan 13, 2014
hi Hayes,

you can contact Tanya Gann McCartha at 803-791-9790 Palmetto South Mortgage. She specializes in these loans and typical time from start to finish is 21-30 days. I close a lot of USDA loans and she has always had them close in that time frame.The grid map has just changed and she has the updated map as well.
Kim Ujcich, Agent, Lexington, SC
Sun Jan 12, 2014
Hi Hayes,
USDA Rural Housing Loans can take up to 60 days if you use a lender directly. You can contact USDA Rural Housing directly and you will get a lower interest rate but a much longer wait to close. Most home buyers chose to go with a lender directly because it so much quicker and easier than contacting USDA Service Centers.

You can contact Sue Wren, the area specialist:located in Aiken, SC.
Sue Wren
Area Specialist
(803) 649-4221 ext 126
(855) 551-0105 fax
sue.wren@sc.usda.gov

If you prefer working with a loan officer and having an easier and quicker close I highly recommend Dan Hane with Palmetto South Mortgage. He can be reached at 803-312-4245 or email DHane@PalmettoSouth.com
If you are not currently working with an agent please feel free to contact me at 803-260-1372. I specialize in working with first time home buyers.
Best of Luck!
Traci Stinec…, Agent, Chapin, SC
Sun Jan 12, 2014
Randy Brown with Mortgage Options can help you. They are super to work with. You can call him anytime (even the weekends) on his cell 803-260-6212. If I can help you in any way let me know 803-728-7737.
Lynne Smith, Agent, Columbia, SC
Sat Jan 11, 2014
I do have a great lender who you can work with. My number is 803-467-3697. Give me a call tomorrow and I will help you get set up!
Dena Mixon, Agent, Lexington, SC
Sat Jan 11, 2014
Hi there! I have helped quite a few buyers through a USDA-eligible home purchase! These loans do often take a little longer to close than your typical conventional or FHA loan as the loan has to be reviewed by the USDA as well as your lender! I usually try to allow for 45 to 60 days to close this type of loan. The USDA gets "backed up" at different times of the year and it can take a full 60 days to close it...but I have seen quite a few close at the 45 day mark as well!
As far as a lender, I highly recommend David Hyatt with Midlands Mortgage !

http://www.midlandmortgagecorp.com/meet-the-team/david-hyatt

I would love to help you find the right house as well! :)