I'm a first time buyer and I would appreciate some help,but I'm not sure where to start exactly. any advice?

Asked by vmartinez38533, West New York, NJ Sun Aug 12, 2012

Answers

10
Jose Martinez, Agent, Hoboken, NJ
Fri Dec 27, 2013
First you should get pre-approved. I can help you with this.

Jose Martinez
201-406-6983
Jose Martinez, Home Buyer, Edgewater, NJ
Thu Jul 11, 2013

Jose Martinez
201-406-6983
Jose Martinez, Agent, Hoboken, NJ
Fri Oct 12, 2012
Call me I can help.

Jose Martinez
Coldwell Banker Home Loans
201-494-1973
Trevor Curran, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Great Neck, NY
Thu Oct 11, 2012
First step: Meet with a Local Mortgage Banker to get prequalified for mortgage financing. The Mortgage Banker will review all facets of your loan request to answer your questions with regards to the types of loans and maximum loan amounts you could qualify for.

Next, line up a Home Inspector. A good home inspector will scare the heck out of you: that's what you pay him for! But you'll concentrate on the fundamentals of the property: roof free of leaks, plumbing, heating and electrical up to code and in good working order. Again, when you make an offer and you have your Home Inspector ready to go, your offer will be considered with much more interest by a Seller because you truly have your "ducks in a row" and your preparation demonstrates your serious attitude about conducting the purchase transaction in a timely manner.

Last but NOT least: find an experienced Local Realtor who works in your desired shopping area. A serious pro Realtor will refuse to show you homes until you are Prequalified for mortgage financing. Don't take offense! That Realtor doesn't want you to be disappointed and wants you to have a smooth experience as you shop for your new home.

Put together your Team of real estate professionals and shop 'til you drop!

Trevor Curran
Jeanne Feeni…, Agent, Basking Ridge, NJ
Thu Oct 11, 2012
You've got some volunteers here to get you started - my advice is this....find yourself a very good agent who is experienced in working with first time buyers. You will benefit from aligning yourself with an agent with the knowledge and patience to guide you from search to close. You do not get there alone and the resources you use can makea great deal of difference. In addition to a great agent, you'll want a equally skilled lender to establish your buying power and help you understand the process. The combination of a great agent and a great mortgage rep will put you way ahead of the game.

Good luck to you!
Jeanne Feenick
Unwavering Commitment to Service, Unsurpassed Results
Jose Martinez, Agent, Hoboken, NJ
Wed Oct 10, 2012
I Can help. Call me I can walk you through the process. I can also pre-approve you.

Jose Martinez
Coldwell Banker Home Loans
201-494-1973
Mon Aug 13, 2012
Good morning vmartinez38533,

First steps:

1. Meet with a Local Mortgage Banker to get prequalified for mortgage financing. The Mortgage Banker will review all facets of your loan request to answer your questions with regards to the types of loans and maximum loan amounts you could qualify for.

2. Get a referral to a good, local, real estate attorney. Call the attorney, retain the attorney so you have her information handy when you make an offer. Having that information at time of offer helps you demonstrate to the Seller how serious you are, and they will consider your offer with more interest.

3. Line up a Home Inspector. A good home inspector will scare the heck out of you: that's what you pay him for! But you'll concentrate on the fundamentals of the property: roof free of leaks, plumbing, heating and electrical up to code and in good working order. Again, when you make an offer and you have your Home Inspector ready to go, your offer will be considered with much more interest by a Seller because you truly have your "ducks in a row" and your preparation demonstrates your serious attitude about conducting the purchase transaction in a timely manner.

4. Find an experienced Local Realtor who works in your desired shopping area. A serious pro Realtor will refuse to show you homes until you are Prequalified for mortgage financing. Don't take offense! That Realtor doesn't want you to be disappointed and wants you to have a smooth experience as you shop for your new home.

Trevor Curran
.
List Manager, Agent, Edgewater, NJ
Mon Aug 13, 2012
vmartinez385…, I understand you have some questions about buying your first home. Feel free to contact me as I specialize in Bergen an Hudson Counties. I have an office in Edgewater and wouldn't mind taking you out to see some properties and answering any questions that you may have.

My contact info:
(732)-705-7587

Kandace M
GroupTwentySix,
Realtor's Associate / Business Builder
Yolanda Esco…, Agent, Westfield, NJ
Sun Aug 12, 2012
Hi V.Martinez,

Please contact me at your earliest opportunity. I will be able to guide you through the entire process of becoming a proud homeowner.

My cellular number is 908-418-1616.
Jennifer Fiv…, Agent, Red Hook, NY
Sun Aug 12, 2012
I would suggest you find a local agent who will walk you through the process. You will need to find out how much home you can afford, therefore you will have to meet with a mortgage professional. The real estate agent will consult with you to find out your needs.

If you need help finding an agent I could refer one to you.