I'm Va and CalVet quilified, however I had a Chapter 13 Bk that was discharged in June 08.

Asked by Jb, Hayward, CA Fri May 8, 2009

I'm Va and CalVet quilified, however I had a Chapter 13 Bk that was discharged in June 08. My credit score657. Can I get Financed now, or do I have to wait till after June? Which loan would be better?

Answers

3
, ,
Fri May 8, 2009
Hi JB... I hope this helps. I would be happy to meet with you and help you out.

How long does a BK have to be discharged for a 100% VA purchase?

Answer: If any of the included debts are with Wells Fargo or Wachovia, then 7 years. Otherwise, 2 years.

If 1-2 years old, then see below:

Use both of the following credit requirements to determine that the applicant or spouse is a satisfactory credit risk:

• The applicant and/or spouse have obtained consumer items on credit subsequent to the bankruptcy and has satisfactorily made the payments over a continued period.

• The bankruptcy was caused by circumstances beyond the control of the applicant (for example, unemployment, prolonged strikes, medical bills not covered by insurance). Divorce is not considered a circumstance beyond control of the applicant and/or spouse. If the bankruptcy was caused by failure of the business of a self-employed applicant, it may be possible to determine that the applicant is a satisfactory credit risk if:

1. The applicant obtained a permanent position after the
business failed
2. There is no derogatory credit information prior to
self-employment
3. There is no derogatory credit information subsequent to
the bankruptcy, and
4. Failure of the business was not due to the applicant’s
misconduct.
John Juarez, Agent, Fremont, CA
Fri May 8, 2009
Jb,

Your best option is to talk to a loan professional. Lenders have tightened their standards but they are still looking for good new business. I would be happy to recommend an experienced loan professional to you. This is a person in whom I have confidence. You will get straight answers, not guess work. Contact me directly if you would like this information.

Good luck in any event.
blaison samu…, Agent, Santa Clara, CA
Fri May 8, 2009
Jb,

Do you want a good reference for a VA loan agent who can answer all your questions. Let me know, he is one of the good agent I know for Va loan.

Emai me at blaison@blaisonsamuel.com

Blaison