I lost a home to foreclosure about 1.5 yrs ago, bad loan, poor judgement on my side. Can I purchase another?

Asked by Johnnyd67, 94589 Tue Jun 9, 2009

Answers

3
Jake Johnson, , Melville, NY
Wed Jun 17, 2009
FHA requires 3 years unless you had an amazing excuse for losing the home. My name is Jake Johnson and you can contact me at jjohnson@lendamerica.com.
Hannah Flieg…, Agent, Larkspur, CA
Sat Jun 13, 2009
Hi Friend,

You can finance a new home purchase 36 months after a foreclosure. If you go to the Fannie mae or Freddie Mac websites you can look under lending guidelines and confirm this for yourself. You might try a rent to own or lease option program to get back into homeownership faster. I offer credit repair services and have a 74% success rate in removing foreclosures off credit reports. I will also provide you with my FREE book to assist you with some credit score boosting strategies for you to begin to rebuild your credit rating. Good luck
Dana Schuster, Agent, Slidell, LA
Tue Jun 9, 2009
Unfortunately,after foreclosure,you will have to wait 5-7 years before you can purchase again.