I looking to purchase a house, that actually was my mom's. My aunt ( moms sister) and her husband had my mom sign an assumption warranty deed.

Asked by Brandy , Rockdale, TX Wed Jul 25, 2012

Before i was born in 1974, mom got behind on the mortgage of her house after her husband was killed a few years prior. My aunt and uncle had her to sign an assumption warranty deed on the house. The house only had 7,500 owed on it; i guess they did this as collateral? Anyway, my mom signed up under section 8, she was only receiving $300' something a month from e VA after her husband was killed, HUD was paying my uncle and he was paid over 24,000 . My mom stopped the HUD payments, after she found out they had no intention on giving the house back, and they did not. The house is only worth $2700, and that is with property it sits on. Trying to figure out what to do?