I live on the west side of Norristown, PA. The R.E. and school taxes are getting too high (I'm retired and

Asked by Marie, Norristown, PA Tue Feb 26, 2008

want to stay in PA). Where can I move where taxes & housing will be cheaper? Thanks!

Answers

4
P. Hutchinson, Both Buyer And Seller, King of Prussia, PA
Sat Jul 18, 2009
I would consider King of Prussia (Upper Merion). Some of the lowest taxes in Montgomery County and yet some of the nicest homes. Not far from where you are now and still near all major highways and shopping.
Adrienne Sen…, , 19380
Thu Feb 28, 2008
West Chester is the cheapest taxes in the area.And a nice place to live.I have a listing in Audubon, and had Bridgeport prior.You are right!! It's very high.And the traffic..UGH!!
Good Luck...
Cheryl R. Su…, , Schwenksville, PA
Wed Feb 27, 2008
Conshohocken, Bensalem, Collegeville, etc. What is the price range you are looking and what are you wanting the taxes to be? I grew up in Norristown and have some relatives that still live there and their taxes are higher for a townhome there than they are for a single home anywhere else. Let me know if I can help. I work at Coldwell Banker Preferred in Blue Bell on Dekalb Pike in the Village Square Shopping center (next to Montgomery County Community College) Let me know if you want to stop in and we can look at the different areas. Talk to you soon!
Pete Simonet…, Agent, Wayne, PA
Wed Feb 27, 2008
Marie,

If you're looking to remain in Montgomery County, their website has a page that shows the tax breakdown of all townships in the county. The link is http://boa.montcopa.org/boa/cwp/view,a,3,q,53796.asp

It would appear that Bryn Athyn, W. Conshy, and Upper Merion carry the lower tax burdens at this time.