I live in the Caribbean but want to purchase a home in Miami. Can I do this from here?

Asked by Glenford E. Joseph, Pembroke Pines, FL Sat Apr 14, 2012

I hope to be able to pay cash.

Answers

14
Pamela Suarez, Agent, Miami, FL
Sat Apr 14, 2012
Dear Glen,
Now is the time to buy in Miami. Interest rates are at its lowest and there are great opportunities available for investment and/or second homes.
Yoiu can purchase real estate from the caribean without having to be physically here in Miami. I can help you through the process. My company specializes in international business and we will provide you with all the necessary help and tools needed.
Please do not hesitate to contact me should you have any additional questions.
I'm looking forward to assisting you with the purchase of your home in Miami.
7866835144
We can help you with financing if you need it.
Thanks Ms Suarez. I am heartened by your response and offer of assistance. I'll be in touch.
Glen
Flag Sun Apr 15, 2012
Irina Karan, Agent, Aventura, FL
Tue Apr 17, 2012
Hello Glenford,

Miami is very popular with international buyers like yourself.
People from all over the world are purchasing here...with our still low prices and low rates...
While many buyers buy cash, some prefer to buy with a foreign nationals mortgage programs,
that require from 25% to 50% down.

Your realtor will be your "eyes" here, in Miami - with pictures, videos, inspection and inspection reports done for you, attorney consults, handymen, contractors, CPA (if buying through a company) all available through your realtor. The mail away closings are also possible...

I'll be glad to help, as many of my clients are from everywhere - even Caribbean...

Irina Karan
CDPE - Certified Distressed Property Expert
IrinaKaran@gmail.com
Beachfront Realty, Inc.
Steven Epste…, Agent, Coral Gables, FL
Sun Apr 15, 2012
Yes you can. If you want to finance your purchase here, you will need to qualify for a local mortgage through special Foreign Nationals programs that not all lenders have available and some are better than others. You will need to document foreign income with credible documents, your local tax returns, Accountant/Bankers Statements, show good credit with your local creditors via letters of references etc., be prepared to put at least 30% down payment, have "seasoned funds" in the USA (money in a US bank for at least 90-days) and perhaps establish a reserves account with at least 6-months mortgage, principal, interest, taxes & insurance payments in the account. If you're planning on paying cash then also move those funds to a US Bank for seasoning at least 90-days. Of course there may be other criteria to meet and benefits you may get from real estate ownership in the USA. These could include, but are not limited to, tax-treatys with your counrty of origin, tax right-offs and you will want to get a Tax Payer Identification Number (a/k/a a TIN) and file annual 1040-NRs with the US IRS. You may have many other questions so please feel free to contact me when you're ready to start the process, my cell is 305-546-5132 email stevecepstein@gmail.com. Regards, Steve E
Yolande Citro, Agent, Miami, FL
Sun Apr 15, 2012
Absolutely you can. Where in the Caribbean are you from ? I do travel there quite a bit. I am French and I can help you just in case you are from the French Islands. My specialty is the sale of waterfront properties to Foreigners. see my link >> http://www.yolandecitro.com/
Call me ! 305 968 1763
Anthony Khou…, Agent, Hallendale, FL
Sun Apr 15, 2012
Hi glenford
You can see the property's fr their ,an
U can wire your deposit to make the offer but u would have to be at the closing unless u delegate your realtor or someone else to rep u at closing
Anthony
305 300 8540
Nereida Figu…, Agent, Miami, FL
Sun Apr 15, 2012
Of course, this is the time. South Florida Real Estate Market is changing for better. Properties are selling above listing price.
Gary Jean-En…, Agent, Miami, FL
Sun Apr 15, 2012
Mr. Glenford E. Joseph
Pembroke Pines, Fl

Hello Mr. Joseph

Some policies are in place to allow individuals to acquire property in the United States without being physically in the States. As a Certified International Property Specialist (CIPS). I am uniquely qualified to help you achieve your goals. In addition to the CIPS designation, I hold also designations and certifications in the following areas: Certified International Investment Immigration Specialist, Certified Short Sale Specialist, Loss Mitigation Certification, Commercial Real Estate Professional and others

We have several offices in the three-county area. My team can prepare a list for your consideration. We will forward it to your attention at your request. If you can make arrangements to see us before you leave, we can begin the process. In the meantime, feel fee to contact me at your convenience.

Cordially Yours,

Gary Jean-Enard , CIPS, CIIS, TRC, LMC.
UNITED Realty Group
Realtor® Associate
Residential, Commercial & Investment
Certified Short Sale Specialist
Credit Repair Specialist
786-290-4760
http://www.usabesthomes.com
Andre Shambl…, Agent, Miami, FL
Sat Apr 14, 2012
Thank you for your inquiry Glenford. Most certainly you can purchase a home in Miami while in the Caribbean. Approximately 35% of our customer base are buyers such as yourself who a purchasing from abroad. The Andre Shambley Group and Keller Williams Realty is a full service real estate firm that has the support staff to help you achieve a successful and smooth transaction. Feel free to give me a call anytime to discuss how we can serve you. 786-704-8482

Also check out our website to search new and updated properties for sale.
Virama Oller, , Miami-dade County, FL
Sat Apr 14, 2012
Of course you may. With today's technology everything is possible.
Hans Klemm, Agent, MIAMI, FL
Sat Apr 14, 2012
Dear Glenford
No problem if you have a trustful representation here. You need a Realtor who,
based on a clear briefing with you, starts tou work for you, from the intial search
of your ideal property to all the questions around work, schools, leasure and
secutiry etc.
How also follows you up for the negociation of price, conditions, financement and
most important, the closing with all the hidden hurdles from title, banks and may be
associations, depending on what you look for.
Call me 305 491 0492 or better email: HansKlemmRE@gmail.com
I speak French, German and ... English and I will listen to you :-)
Best to you
HANS
Charmaine Du…, Agent, Miami, FL
Sat Apr 14, 2012
Definitely.
Contact a Realtor and they will be able to give you additonal information.
Beth Jenkins, Agent, Miami Lakes, FL
Sat Apr 14, 2012
Hi Glenford,
I would be glad to assist you. Yes, you can purchase without being here in Miami. I have guided several of my clients that reside out of the country with their property purchase and would be glad to do the same for you.
If you already have an area in mind and the funds in order, feel free to contact me directly so that I may facilitate your property selection.

Beth Jenkins
South Florida Brokers
786-374-4778
bethjenk1@gmail.com
Web Reference:  http://www.arealtyteam.com
monica velas…, Agent, miami, FL
Sat Apr 14, 2012
Dear Glenford,

The process on selecting the property and paying it you can do it from outside but you will to be here for the closing unless you send a power of attorney for a relative or attorney to sign on your name.

Looking forward to work with you!

Monica Velasco
Brickell investment realty
Mv@birmiami.com
Luis Mora, Agent, Lakeland, FL
Sat Apr 14, 2012
Glenford,
Yes, you can... Contact me, so we can discuss your options.
Luis Mora
786-556-2119