I live in Toronto but am considering an investment property in the Buffalo area.

Asked by Joey C., New York, NY Thu May 7, 2009

I would like a situation where I can hire someone (a company) to deal with the tenants. Is this a viable plan to still get a decent return? How much would companies that do that charge?

Answers

3
Lee Ferenc, , Williamsville, NY
Mon May 11, 2009
Based on the size of your portfolio or acquisitions you are planning will help determine the cost of a property manager. There are various levels of property management from full service to limited. Based on your situation I would recommend that you use a full service property manager. This will dip into your ROI (return on investment by about 10-15%. Yet, they will handle all paperwork, filing, reporting, leases, rent control and schedule and bill for any necessary repairs. Most full service management companies will want you to have at least 4 units in total to take you on.

Contact me at leef@lovallorealestate.com or 716-560-2793 to discuss your desired return on investment so we can start acquiring properties while the Canadian dollar is strong.
Web Reference:  http://www.leeferenc.net
Colleen Kuli…, Agent, Amherst, NY
Fri May 8, 2009
Joey,

Investing in Real Estate in Western New York has many wonderful opportunities. This goes beyond just purchasing a property. You will need to have a team here that you can count on to manage your interests and maintain the value. Working with a licensed Property Manager will be an excellent starting point, then working with an experienced Realtor to find you the property that will give you the return you are looking for. Investment Property is a business and if you approach it that way, you will do well. If you have any questions, please visit my website for more information on Investment Properties.
Pushpa Gunat…, Agent,
Thu May 7, 2009
Hi Joey,
We have lots of attractive investment property deals here in Western New York. And some property management companies also in the area you could trust them..If you would like to get more information or any help for your real estate need, please contact me @ 716-907-3046 or e-mail me at pushpa@pioneerstarre.com.
Pushpa