I live in Oak Park. The owner told me in May that she will be letting the house go. How can I find out if the home is foreclosure.?

Asked by coatesmbs, Oak Park, MI Sat Nov 17, 2012

Answers

3
Jay M. Jones, Agent, Birmingham, MI
Sat Nov 17, 2012
Good Morning,

I would first check with the owner and simply ask them to keep you informed as to what is going on with the property. That is not an unreasonable request since they brought the subject up in the first place.You can also check with the county periodically to see if any foreclosure filings have been made. It wouldn't hurt to talk to a real estate attorney to clarify your position. Also not a bad idea to consider an alternate living situation so you aren't caught off guard--just in case... Good luck!
Haig Istambo…, Agent, Rochester, MI
Sat Nov 17, 2012

Email me the address and I can look at the public records to see if any recordings have been made. My contact information is listed below. Even if it went to Sheriff Sale, you still have plenty of time to make living arrangements so don't panic.

HAIG
Elias Realty
(248) 379-6547
realtorhaig@aol.com
Ron Thomas, Agent, Fresno, CA
Sat Nov 17, 2012
Have you considered calling the Owner?
You need to have that line open and clear!
We are in constant contact. She is one of those who will not be honest. For monetary reasons... Thank you for such a prompt repsonse.
Flag Sat Nov 17, 2012