I like some of the manufactured homes but it seems that, as an investment, you don't get much at the end of the day. Am I missing something?

Asked by Nancybperry, Grants Pass, OR Fri Jan 18, 2013

Answers

4
Kathleen Puc…, Agent, Grants Pass, OR
Fri Feb 8, 2013
Mfg are cost effective options to getting into home ownership. You are correct in that not unlike vehicles they do depreciate. The newer models provide alot of upgrades that make them wonderful purchases. If you need a loan, you need a strong agent to connect you with certain loan brokers who can offer mfg home loans as there are a few hurdles to work with. I am here to help so please feel free to phone me if there is more i can do. 541-659-2498
Nancybperry, Home Buyer, Grants Pass, OR
Fri Jan 18, 2013
Thank you Lana and Rick, for your feedback. Most homes are beyond my reach financially but some of the manufactured ones look so nice-some all ready to move in and others needing just a little TLC.
My other concern is the 55+ issue - it appears that the nice parks are 55+. Ok for me but I think about what if something happens with my family and my daughter needs to live with me - those types of issues. I did read this morning that each park is different so guess I'll just have to look out for that.
Rick Smith, Home Owner, Grants Pass, OR
Fri Jan 18, 2013
I agree with Lana . Right now there are a lot of good deals out there both stick built and manufactured .Find a broker like Lana or someone else that you choose and find the manufactured home that is right for you . I just picked one up that was a double wide , 20 years old and it looks inside and out that it may be only 5 years old . There are nice ones out there you just need to find them . When you do it opens a lot of doors down the road to carry your own contract , rent or just even sell at a good profit .
Lana Lavenba…, Agent, Grants Pass, OR
Fri Jan 18, 2013
It depends on if you're using it for your own home or if you're using it for rental. you have a really decent income off a rental or you can sell it when you're done using it as your home. I don't see that it should make that much difference between the manufactured and the stick built for you.