I know the listing prices of homes in my area but how do I find the selling prices? This seems like a better

Asked by Mitch, Isaacs Fri May 9, 2008

basis of comparison than listing price.

Answers

3
Donald J. Leske II’s answer
Donald J. Le…, Other Pro, Tacoma, WA
Fri May 9, 2008
Hi Mitch,

Your local Licensed Real Estate agent can provide that for free, just ask. They will do a search on the local MLS and email or print out a list for you. You can also go to your local County Assessor's office and ask.

Best of luck,
-Don Sr. / Broker
Nancy Glicka…, Agent, Chesterton, IN
Fri May 9, 2008
Go to your local goverment website.There you will find an area for search poperties,taxes,etc. Then keeping looking for sales. They will put in the sale date and amount. Or just call a local realtor and they will find the sales price for you in a jiffy from the mls.
Erik Armstro…, , 47802
Fri May 9, 2008
Donald is right. The MLS in most areas will track sales prices that can be retrieved for a specific period of time, and a specific area. This can be a very useful tool for accurately listing your home in the current market. Listing prices tell you nothing, other than what the comparables are doing. The issue is that if everyone is over priced and not selling then you doom yourself to the same fate. Consult a professional and the best of luck to you.