I keep seeing the market value of homes falling per the Tax office- How easy is it to get a seller to lower

Asked by Lammerd, Holiday, FL Sun May 17, 2009

the price which is closer to the market value

Answers

3
George Sentementes’ answer
George Sente…, Other Pro, Bridgeport, CT
Mon May 18, 2009
The homes that are selling now are the ones priced to sell, if an owner has overpriced his property is because he is NOT in need to sell, when the need comes he will price it to sell.
Every home owner claims to have the best house on the block, but it seems all the other ones are selling,
but not theirs, when the need comes and priced correctly it will sell.
Georgia, Home Buyer, 76092
Mon May 18, 2009
I am reviewing all the "sold" data and I am not offering based on the asking price. I am offering based on the "sold" prices in the area. The owners are not in sync with the market at this point. There is no point in over-paying for a house. If the owners say "No." I just move on to the next house. There thousands of houses for sale where I am searching.
Daniel, , Baton Rouge, LA
Sun May 17, 2009
make an offer, regardless of asking price based on as much info that you can gather..

The worst thing the sell can say is no thank you